Indydebi's Butter Cream- Refrigerate?

Baking By Moofiebonbon Updated 21 Jun 2010 , 2:13am by mamawrobin

Moofiebonbon Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 9:13pm
post #1 of 4

Hi. I just made a huge batch of Indydebi's BC, do I have to refrigerate the icing? I multiplied the reg. recipe several times over and ended with a total of 4 cups of milk and 21Lbs. of sugar. This icing is OMG amazing!!!
Also, is there a way to take already made icing (Indydebi's) and convert it to chocolate?
I appreciate any help I can get icon_smile.gif
Thanks!

3 replies
mamawrobin Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 9:32pm
post #2 of 4

NO.....DON'T refrigerate icon_lol.gif She and I will both tell you not to. LOL It will keep fine at room temp. for up to two weeks. Probably will much longer than that but it never lasts around here any longer. thumbs_up.gif

Yes, it does "convert" wonderfully for chocolate buttercream. I add 6 ounces (per single batch) of melted Unsweetened chocolate squares. Use the best chocolate that you can afford. I often use Baker's because it's what I can afford icon_lol.gif I melt it and wait for it to cool enough to still be pourable but not to "melt" my icing. You will also have to add a little extra milk when adding melted chocolate. I just add a teaspoon at a time until I have the right consistency. This makes a very rich chocolate icing and sooooo good.

Moofiebonbon Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 1:15am
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much!! I think this is the best icing I have ever tasted. The family loves it too, which is pretty amazing- they don't like butter cream.

mamawrobin Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 2:13am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofiebonbon

Thank you so much!! I think this is the best icing I have ever tasted. The family loves it too, which is pretty amazing- they don't like butter cream.

I love it too. The caterer that I bake for ask me IF I used shortening in my icing. She actually couldn't tell. It is really good thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%