Ganache Over Flavord Cakes

Decorating By iris219 Updated 21 Jun 2010 , 9:54am by iris219

iris219 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iris219 Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 8:51pm
post #1 of 4

I am just wondering if anyone has used ganache over flavor cakes, like Guava, coconut, pineapple, pina colada, etc. Would like your input on this as I have my husbands cake I'm doing for this Saturday (beer bucket cake) and want to use ganache since I'm going to cover the cake in fondant. Any comments, suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

3 replies
Toptier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toptier Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 4

I would think you could use a white chocolate ganache on any of these cakes. You could add a little rum flavoring or real rum, or coconut extract to the ganache quite easily to make it even yummier. Really the taste is pretty neutral - vanilla, if unflavored, it goes with anything.

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 10:20pm
post #3 of 4

Yes, indeedy, I've used ganache to cover many different flavors of cake, and they all taste heavenly. I put ganache under all my fondant cakes. I made an orange version of the scratch WASC the other day and put a little orange extract in the ganache. The combination was to die for! I like the idea of adding a little rum to the ganache for use with tropical fruit flavors - kind of like a daiquiri or a piña colada!

iris219 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iris219 Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 9:54am
post #4 of 4

what a great tip, never thought of adding extract to the ganache. Thank you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%