No Action On Cake Ideas

Decorating By kger Updated 21 Jun 2010 , 12:28am by kger

kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 6:33pm
post #1 of 7

So I'm re-posting this here:

I have a request for a cake for 6 ppl. 40th b-day, will be traveling to the beach over the July 4 weekend, so the cake would be traveling with them for at least 4 hours in the car, and they would eat it the next day.

The birthday girl is Irish and her nieces are flying over from Ireland for the b-day/July 4 beach trip.

I looked through the patriotic gallery and saw some cute ideas, in particular the patriotic flip flop cake: http://cakecentral.com/modules.....pid=555903

I also saw a way to make an orange, white, and green (colors of Irish flag) layer cake. Or perhaps a shaped 4-0 with red, white, and blue colors would be the way to go? But easiest might be just an 8" fondant with stars and stripes and a fondant 4-0.

DH doesn't like the flip flop idea, because he thinks it's too bizarre to eat shoes. But he doesn't understand my cake world.

Any thoughts?

6 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 7:04pm
post #2 of 7

I like the flip flop idea and would not go with the patriotic theme...the person has had to share a birthday every year with the 4th..let the 40th be HER day and tailor it to fit her. You could always do them in the colors of the Irish flag...tying that into the cake for her. And, yes, your DH doesn't understand cakes or women...LOL...betcha the birthday girl will love them.

Have fun!
Cat

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 7:10pm
post #3 of 7

make flip flops with shamrocks on them !! I think the flip fops with the patterns on them are cute!! And put a shamrock on the band of the flip flop too. It would be so cute.

Okay..now I may have to make a flip flop cake.. (thanks..(sarcasm)) icon_lol.gif

catlharper Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 7:12pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesso

make flip flops with shamrocks on them !! I think the flip fops with the patterns on them are cute!! And put a shamrock on the band of the flip flop too. It would be so cute.

Okay..now I may have to make a flip flop cake.. (thanks..(sarcasm)) icon_lol.gif

VERY cute idea..I'm Irish and would LOVE those! And...btw...LOL...I may need to make some too! LOL!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 7:16pm
post #5 of 7

[quote="catlharper]
VERY cute idea..I'm Irish and would LOVE those! And...btw...LOL...I may need to make some too! LOL![/quote]

I am irish as well from my freckles to my red hair. icon_lol.gif

catlharper Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 7:20pm
post #6 of 7

Me too!

kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 12:28am
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone! She liked the flip flop idea, but decided a sandcastle cake would be ideal. Must go research.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%