Searching For Buttercream Recipe For 20Qt. Mixer

Baking By Moofiebonbon Updated 23 Jun 2010 , 11:37pm by littlecake

Moofiebonbon Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 1:55am
post #1 of 9

I am in search of a good , crusting butter cream recipe that I can make in bulk, I have a a 20 qt. mixer. I have searched and searched and can't seem to locate one that I viewed in the past on this site. I would also need a chocolate version as well- preferably one that I could convert reg. butter cream to chocolate easily.
Can someone help, please!!!
TIA

8 replies
leily Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 2:16am
post #2 of 9

can't you take a smaller recipe (like indydebi or sugarshacks) and just multiply the ingredients to make a larger batch in your mixer? I am guessing that indydebi did this with as many cakes that she did (just make one larger batch to fill the mixer)

Moofiebonbon Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 2:36am
post #3 of 9

Sorta feel a little foolish icon_redface.gif
Yes, you are right! I was however, until like minutes ago having trouble locating one that I wanted to try. I have decided on Indydebi's.
I am wondering though if I can use a high ratio shortening rather than the Crisco and keep the remainder of the recipe the same. This will be my first time using Alpine shortening and I am not sure.
Thank you for helping me pull my head out of you know where thumbs_up.gif

JaeRodriguez Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 2:58am
post #4 of 9

I just read a post that Debi said she used a 20qt, so I assume you can use her recipe!

ninatat Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 3:23am
post #5 of 9

i like sugar shack not so sweet, just x4 it

sweetiesbykim Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 3:41am
post #6 of 9

I don't have a crusting bc recipe for you, but I do have the one we made at a bakery I worked at, using a 20qt mixer. It filled the mixer bowl just right -not too full, not too little. HTH

10lbs butter
30 cups 10X sifted
heavy cream
clear vanilla
icon_smile.gif

bridge72 Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 3:42am
post #7 of 9

Moofiebonbon, I just made a double batch of Indydebi's BC the other day and didn't use Crisco (used Walmart's All veggie shortening and it has trans fat) and it came out perfect. Used it today the father's day cake in my photos. It crusted really fast too! HTH

MommaDukes Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 11:12am
post #8 of 9

I made Indydeb's yesterday for the 1st time YUMMY!, I made a double batch.
I used 1/2 hi ratio and 1/2 crisco and it is very creamy and yummy.

littlecake Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 11:37pm
post #9 of 9

6 pounds butter
6 pounds shortening with trans fat
20 pounds powdered sugar
4 oz vanilla
water to the desired thickness

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%