Cake Computer Program.

Decorating By carebearlove Updated 21 Jun 2010 , 6:56pm by carebearlove

carebearlove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carebearlove Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 8:44pm
post #1 of 12

Is there a program where you can create a pic of your cake then print it? im creative on a cake, but i have a hard time drawing on paper. It would be nice to desighn cakes with.

11 replies
jqorso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jqorso Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 7:56am
post #2 of 12

There has been a few posts on this, so it might help to search. However, I don't think there are very many out there. I sometimes draw them out in PowerPoint. It takes quite a bit of time, but it's nice to get a good general idea of what you are going for.

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 8:46am
post #3 of 12

Yes, Wedding Cake Design Pro, but I don't own it. From what I understand it's about $70 for the base software, additional colors, features, shapes, embellishments, etc are all extra $$'s. Would be nice if they offered a complete package software at a reasonable price, but until then I'll stick with paper or powerpoint.

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 9:28am
post #4 of 12

Wedding Cake Pro is it. I usually just use paint, but I've never tried to add any specific type of flowers or anything. But I often copy images from the internet and add them in. I took an image of a paisley stencil and changed the colors on this sketch.
LL

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 3:48pm
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by snocilla

Wedding Cake Pro is it. I usually just use paint, but I've never tried to add any specific type of flowers or anything. But I often copy images from the internet and add them in. I took an image of a paisley stencil and changed the colors on this sketch.

What's "Paint"?

cakesbykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykitty Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 4:11pm
post #6 of 12

how cool is this fun little tool???!!!

snocilla Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 8:52pm
post #7 of 12

If you have microsoft office, you can go to 'Start Menu', 'Accessories', 'Paint'. There you can draw, add shapes, colors etc.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 10:17pm
post #8 of 12

Awesome, Thanks. I do have this. I don't need to draw cakes, but I do know some other things I can do with this tool.

cakesbykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykitty Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 10:21pm
post #9 of 12

UM, went to paint... now what? said the total non computer nerd...

snocilla Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 11:28pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakesbykitty

UM, went to paint... now what? said the total non computer nerd...

LOL! If you look on the right sid eof the screen, there should be some little tool buttons. I select one that looks like a rectangle, and then click and drag on the empty canvas(the blank white area). You can also resize the canvas if you need more space. Then you can play with the other tools to draw. There is a paint brush, pencil, spray can, text box and more. Across the top are some colors to choose from, or you can add more colors from the colors menu.

Here is a tutorial...

hmmm.. in their example the colors are at the bottom... My husband probably moved it around on ours icon_smile.gif
HTH!

snocilla Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 11:37pm
post #11 of 12

This one may be a little better. She explains a little better, and the menus are in english

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_xOwE_1grY&feature=related

carebearlove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carebearlove Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 6:56pm
post #12 of 12

Thankyou for your help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%