Cake Boss Software + Netbook- It's A Beautiful Thing!!

Business By chefjulie Updated 19 Jun 2010 , 10:48pm by kelleym

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 8:34pm
post #1 of 5

I been REALLY struggling with my calendar lately. I'm getting at least 2 orders a day via email and 1-2 via phone. This is GREAT, except I'm almost never around my computer when I'm getting them, so I'm forever writing them on scraps of paper or saving them in my email and praying I don't accidentally delete them. I've bought at least 10 different types of organizers, and none have offered all of the features I need (daily view, weekly view, monthly view) in an easy to access format.

I decided to splurge and buy an iPad after I saw the organizer on it and a few of the business features. When i went to buy it, though, EVERY STORE in town was sold out :-/ I was not willing to wait, so I impulse bought a netbook. (Only $350). It's super light (less than 2lbs) and will fit in my purse!!

I got it home and decided to buy the cake boss software since everyone raves about it, and Microsoft accounting just isnt working for me. I LOVE IT!! It offers EVERYTHING I need and nothing I don't! It's super easy to figure out and the calendar/dashboard is AWESOME!! This program really is just perfect!

Now, with the combination of my netbook and cake boss, I think I'll finally be able to keep track of everything without losing my mind icon_smile.gif I can easily carry the netbook with me everywhere and put orders in as I get them! YAY!

I didnt mean to write a novel, but I'm just SUPER excited about this awesome, affordable combination!!

4 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 8:40pm
post #2 of 5

yeah for you!!!

(tho' I just HAVE to add....evil laugh)

a beautiful thing until the batteries die!

(I hate batteries!)

chefjulie Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 8:49pm
post #3 of 5

Ohhh! I didnt think about that!

::Off to buy a back up battery::

chefjulie Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 9:02pm
post #4 of 5

I should also add that I would DEFINITELY NOT recommend this for a primary computer! No CD rom, small screen (read: eyestrain!!), and limited space. I think it will be end up being JUST for cake boss and storing cake photos, presentations etc- Basically, an extension of my main business PC.

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 10:48pm
post #5 of 5

Julie, I appreciate the feedback on the netbook performance! That is very helpful information for us, as more and more users are moving toward this type of portability. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%