Cake Decorating Books

Decorating By nonilm Updated 23 Jun 2010 , 1:48am by rosiecast

nonilm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonilm Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 2:35pm
post #1 of 9

I know I've seen previous posts about different decorating books but am not coming up with anything in my searches.

I am looking for some inspiring cake decoaring books with creative and different designs, not wedding cakes, more party and kid cakes. I have been looking at some of Lindy Smith's books online. Anyone have any suggestions? Or if you can direct me to a post that has book reviews I would appreciate it. Thanks!

8 replies
cupcake_cutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake_cutie Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 9

The Planet Cake Book is a good one. Confetti Cakes Cookbook and The Whimsical Bakehouse book is a good one too. I hope that helps. icon_smile.gif

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 9

I second Whimsical Bakehouse. LOVE that book!!

awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 5:53pm
post #4 of 9

Have you tried your library yet? Fortunately my library has several so I was able to read them first to see if they were worth buying.

nonilm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonilm Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 1:42am
post #5 of 9

Whimsical bakehouse looks great and I will definitely check out my library. Thanks!

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 5:03am
post #6 of 9

Anything by Debbie Brown...I own 6 of hers and each has creative, non-wedding, fun designs.

I've made her yarn ball & cat and her Queen's throne cakes so far. Can't wait to do more!

cupcakeparty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeparty Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 5:44am
post #7 of 9

debbie brown is awesome....

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 6:05am
post #8 of 9

I third Whimsical Bakehouse! Great book.

Also my grandmother just picked up both of the "Hello, Cupcake" books for me. I thought they were going to be a little too "Mom makes cute birthday cupcakes" if you know what I mean. But I actually really liked them. I dont like all the use of store bought cookies, twinkies and candy but you can easily substitute those for more hand crafted stuff and make them your own. Some really cute ideas in them.

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 1:48am
post #9 of 9

OMG! I just realized that the "Whimsical bakery" is one town away from me. I have to stop by and check it out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%