They Met On The Web And Are Getting Married Idea?

Decorating By lisamenz Updated 5 Jul 2010 , 1:53am by gilby78

lisamenz Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 12:11pm
post #1 of 18

They met on the web and now are getting married. I have a general idea, what to do , but would like to see what other input would be. She loves purples. She is not a girly , girl., so no flowers. Do our galleries have computer pics? I am usually very creative and have no problem coming up with a really cool orginial ideas., This one for some reasons has me a little less creative juices flowing, lol. Happy Cake Decorating. Thanks in advance. icon_wink.gif

17 replies
Melnick Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 12:16pm
post #2 of 18

It would be a little funny if you could include a computer pun like "Love at first byte" he he.

preppie523 Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 12:26pm
post #3 of 18

Is the cake for the wedding or an engagement party? If for the wedding I would make an elegant wedding cake (more conventional style) and a homemade cake topper with a frame of a computer screen, think hollowed out, with the bride and groom figures standing inside, facing each other kissing. Just my first thought!

lisamenz Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 2:16pm
post #4 of 18

I love the one love at first byte, cute!!! Thanks , yes this is a wedding cake.

ayerim979 Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 2:34pm
post #5 of 18

awesome, I know a few people that have met online. Thats crazy cute, yet scarry ;0)

erinalicia Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 2:39pm
post #6 of 18

I'm guessing they WANT the cake to reflect that they met online?

My husband and I met online 11 years ago and it wasn't heard of that much then, now it seems like that's how most people meet each other. I personally wouldn't want my wedding cake to have a computer on it, but that's just me.

lisamenz Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 2:58pm
post #7 of 18

Its a requested computer theme, for the wedding cake, but done with elegants. They have been together for a few years now. So they know each other I guess pretty well by now. lol, thanks guys!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

erinalicia Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 3:07pm
post #8 of 18

Well, then... hmmm.. if you wanted to just do a topper that was kind of cutesy. What if you did two computer screens? One with a veil and a little bouquet of flowers on the screen and the other put a top hat on with a bow tie? Maybe that's a little cheesy... I don't know.

Melnick Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 4:08pm
post #9 of 18

Actually, what if you put some rows of 1 and 0 (binary code) in purple like a ribbon? It would probably give them a giggle too.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 4:13pm
post #10 of 18

You could make a border of green fondant and write the binary code in black (zeros & ones) all around the border of the tiered cakes, then make the rest of the cakes elegant like regular wedding cakes. (You can also do blue with white numbers.) You could have their names in the zeros and ones. Geeky people would think that was fun (at least we did on my daughter's birthday cake.)
Here is the cake I made so you can get an idea of the border. This was my first time using fondant, so it is pretty awful, but you should get the idea.
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1218780

Or, you could do a similar border but with a circuit board.

If the cake the three tiers, one could be the bride's name, then the middle be the circuit board, then another be the groom's name.

Here are some photos for inspiration.
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1386921

This one is cute with the topper of the laptop with the couple's photo on it.
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1484483

Here are some ideas from googlesearch.
http://lilomag.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/weddingcake08.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RHOdJVHE2VE/Sh6JLJIUsUI/AAAAAAAABw0/LxNXW_UcP7c/s400/May+2009+053.JPG

bobwonderbuns Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 4:33pm
post #11 of 18

I was thinking back to back computers, then on the screens of both do a little something that represent the bride and the groom.

mayo2222 Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 4:59pm
post #12 of 18

Maybe two computer mouses and the cords from a heart

kimbordeaux Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 5:02pm
post #13 of 18

Two PCs or laptops, with the site they meet on on the screen in the background but have the screens smiling, one male smile one female smile and hearts rising from the top each computer. You might be able to see my vision thru my descrption. I see erinalicia above has a similar idea.

lisamenz Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 7:38pm
post #14 of 18

Awesome feed back fellow cake artist. I think I am inspired to create something really neat. Thanks so much for all the great ideas and the cute saying. Happy Cake Decorating icon_lol.gif

yianna Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 11:52pm
post #15 of 18

do they want all their guests to know they met online?

or will they be doing what a friend of mine found, he was okay with the fact they met online, she was not and so was telling people they met through friends.

worth checking this one out.

Chasey Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 5:40pm
post #16 of 18

Love the idea of two "mice", perhaps dressed as bride and groom (by color and a couple of details only) and then the two cords forming a heart. That would be a nice topper without making the cake too cheesy trying to place elements elsewhere. Unless the bride wants more than that!

What if you did a border where ribbon usually goes that symbolized the world wide web? From afar you would see it as just pretty piping!

www. www. www. www. www.

carlee521 Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 7:16am
post #17 of 18

I really like the mice idea and the tiny laptops.

I wouldn't do anything too geeky unless they want it like that..just because they met online doesn't mean they were into codes (binary/html/etc) or building computers.

gilby78 Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 1:53am
post #18 of 18

Why don't you make some iPhone app cupcakes or something more pertaining to contemporary tech and the Internet? I should think that we had moved beyond laptops and circuit boards at this point!

I've been going through my own phone trying to find pic's to post up on this site - but it's a real pain. I've been able to find info on emailing photos via the iphone http://www.arrowvoice.com.au/blog/mobile/how-to-email-a-photo-from-your-iphone/
but not on easy posting onto forums - if anyone has tips would be v helpful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%