Does This Recipe Need To Be Refrigerated?

Baking By KayMc Updated 19 Jun 2010 , 7:15pm by KayMc

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 6:41am
post #1 of 7

Does a crusting cream cheese buttercream frosting need to be refrigerated? I love Edna's recipe, but stopped making it as there was never enough room in the fridge for a cake.

6 replies
tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 7:16am
post #2 of 7

that is the million dollar question.. some people say yes.. some say no. I had searched the web to try to find this answer before and it drove me insane.. Most of them say you can leave it out for a few hours... then you should refriderate.

I do know that it will hold up in hot weather for a about 5 hours and is just fine. I have read other reviews on it and some people ice their cakes let it dry/settle for a few hours, decorate, cover and leave out over nite (if you have AC of course) , and deliver next day and it is fine.

I wish someone could give a definite answer to this question. icon_mad.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 7:18am
post #3 of 7

Earlene Moore's cream cheese frosting doesn't need to be refrigerated. Her recipe is on her website.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 7:23am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayMc

Does a crusting cream cheese buttercream frosting need to be refrigerated? I love Edna's recipe, but stopped making it as there was never enough room in the fridge for a cake.

Since Edna never refrigerates her cakes I'm going to say "no".

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 7:37am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

Quote:

now Edna's opinion I would take to the bank!! thumbs_up.gif thanks mamarobin for the info.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 7:48am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesso

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

Quote:

now Edna's opinion I would take to the bank!! thumbs_up.gif thanks mamarobin for the info.

You're welcome. thumbs_up.gif I've seen her post several times that she never refrigerates her cakes once they're filled, so I thought.........I know the answer to this question icon_biggrin.gif

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 7:15pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks, Mamawrobin! I tried to email Edna, but I couldn't get the button to work. Her recipe rocks, by the way!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%