Fresh Fruit Between Layers?

Decorating By pamkj Updated 22 Jun 2010 , 11:32am by Karen421

pamkj Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 12:55am
post #1 of 4

I am making a chocolate cake and wanted to do something different than just buttercream. I see the Cake Boss put fresh strawberry in between that it or am I missing something?

3 replies
Karen421 Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 1:12am
post #2 of 4

If you are asking if you can put in fresh strawberries - yes you can. I make a strawberry buttercream filling and then add fresh strawberries on top of that . I do refrigerate my cake when I am done.

BlessP Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 7:08am
post #3 of 4

I have the same question too!

Which one is good just strawberries alone or strawberries with buttercream in the filling?

How long can you let the cake out if you use fresh strawberries for the filling?

The cake the I will be making will be covered with fondant and I usually do the cake 3 or 2 days in advance depending on how big it is and design.

Karen421 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 11:32am
post #4 of 4

I do a version of a strawberry buttercream with fresh strawberries added in and sliced up on top of that. (with a stiff dam) I use either BC or cover in fondant (in the summer especially) and refrigerate. It has sat out for a few hours (4ish) without any problems. In the winter I have also used frozen sliced strawberries, but prefer fresh. I have not tried bananas like Buddy did last night in Cake Boss, but have used raspberries, and blueberries. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%