I Feel So Lucky!!!

Decorating By stacyllind Updated 21 Jun 2010 , 5:05pm by Herekittykitty

stacyllind Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacyllind Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 11:57pm
post #1 of 12

My husband just bought me a never been used KitchenAid 5qt Artisan mixer off of craigslist for only $150!!!!! I am so freakin' excited so I just thought that I would share my joy with all of you icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
I can't wait to see what I can do now!!

11 replies
auntbeesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntbeesbaking Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 12:03am
post #2 of 12

Congratulations! I wouldn't do cakes without one and if my house was on fire, I would grab that, my Agbay, my Pampered Chef spatula and my Bible! thumbs_up.gif

stacyllind Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 12:05am
post #3 of 12

That's hilarious! Next on my list is an Agbay! icon_biggrin.gif

martinez73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martinez73 Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 12:12am
post #4 of 12

I LOVE my kitchen aid mixer.....I would mix anything without it. ENJOY YOURS

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 12:13am
post #5 of 12

congrats!! you will love it !!

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 12:22am
post #6 of 12

You will be kissin' that man a LOT! I just got one off Craigslist for $150 as well. It has the potential for major life changes. By the way, mine was red, I named it Rosie, and had only been used a few times by the owner who got it as a gift. After I'd used for a couple of buttercream batches, I noticed it was leaking oil! AAAGH! Fear! Had I screwed up not buying a new one???

No. I looked up KA leaking on line and got the suggestion to turn it upside down overnight, then the next day, run it at high speed for 2 minutes. The oil had separated from gravity and disuse. Rosie is now fine. Whew!

All the posts say to run it at high speed at least 2 minutes once a month to keep this from happening (not a problem with us crazy cake people...)

ENJOY!

stacyllind Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 2:53am
post #7 of 12

I found myself talking to my new found love interest today...good thing I was in my kitchen alone icon_smile.gif I told my husband I was going to name her but I just haven't come up with something fitting yet. It has already in it's first day here completed a batch of MMF for me....AMAZING!!!! I didn't have to do a thing! Look out world, here I come!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 3:13am
post #8 of 12

Congrats!

One thing I LOVE my mixer for is bread dough! Homemade pizza is a CINCH with a KA! Made some honey wheat bread the other day too that was so GOOD and the kneading is so easy in the mixer.

Of course it gets used for cake all the time but its always fun to use it for bread or even fluffy whipped potatoes...yum...too. thumbs_up.gif

jayne1873 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayne1873 Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 4:42pm
post #9 of 12

What a lovely husband. I have no idea what craigslist is being in the Uk but I am desperately saving for a KA icon_smile.gif

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 9:24pm
post #10 of 12

jayne1873, Craigslist is a free on-line site where you can buy or sell stuff. Just type "what is craigslist" in your search box and you'll get all sorts of info. They probably have one on-line in the UK, check it out; maybe you'll find a KA like we did!

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 4:52pm
post #11 of 12

Congrats!!! I love my 6 qt one.

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 5:05pm
post #12 of 12

You are going to LOVE it!!!

I finally killed my old mixer and was telling my BF that it was time to buy a KA. He surprised me with a Prof HD from Costco. I love my BF, almost as much as my KA! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%