Oreo Pudding

Baking By ladycakes85 Updated 19 Jun 2010 , 8:06am by ladycakes85

ladycakes85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladycakes85 Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 10:28pm
post #1 of 3

A friend is wanting an Oreo cookie dessert. Most of the recipes I have found involve vanilla pudding, or whipped cream. He is wanting to use Mint Oreos and incorporate mint into the pudding or whipped cream too. Has anybody ever done anything similar to this?

2 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 1:31am
post #2 of 3

Ok use this recipe, but make the following changes (that is, if he wanted a pie):

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/oreo-ice-cream-shop-pie-2/Detail.aspx

-use an Oreo crust instead of graham cracker
-chop some mint Oreos and fold into the Oreo pudding mix, or if you can't find the Oreo pudding mix, then just use vanilla or white chocolate and crush mint Oreos into the mix
-I would use real whipping cream in place of the Cool Whip (the pudding mix will help stabilize the whipped cream so it doesn't "wilt") to make it richer and less artificial tasting (I'm not a huge fan of Cool Whip)
-Add 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract to your pie filling

I have made the recipe several times, but I either use an Oreo crust or an actual pie shell which I pre-bake and then coat with the fudge topping. Whichever way you decide to do it, definitely add more crushed Oreos to the Oreo pudding mix because the chunks aren't very big and it needs more cookies, in my opinion. Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

ladycakes85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladycakes85 Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 8:06am
post #3 of 3

Ok, great. Thanks for the quick response. It sounds like a great recipe and i'm looking forward to trying it. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%