Fondant & Wilton Spray Colors

Decorating By michel30014 Updated 18 Jun 2010 , 9:19pm by CWR41

michel30014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michel30014 Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 3:29pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, I am new here and still learning the ropes on this cake decorating business!

I am currently in the middle of doing 2 cakes that are for a double birthday party on Saturday. I have made my fondant and buttercream icing. Just yesterday, I bought some Wilton Cake sprays to give the airbrush effect. I've never used the spray's before.

On one of the cakes I would like to make a sunset.

So, I have two questions:

1. How easy is it to use the spray's?
2. Can the spray's be used on fondant or not? I('ve never seen it done but I'm still new at this.)

Can someone help???

3 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 6:40pm
post #2 of 4

It's easy, and it can be used on fondant. If you were lucky enough to buy some of those sprays that actually have a tip that works, then you'll be fine. They don't spray as well or as dark (coverage-wise) as an airbrush does, so be careful not to spray too much at once or you'll get runs. It's better to cover once, wait a while, and spray another coat.

michel30014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michel30014 Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 7:19pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much!! That helps! I have to start my work on this particular cake tonight!! You've greatly helped me!

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 9:19pm
post #4 of 4

Don't forget to check your spray colors now, so if you got some dud cans you can exchange them before you need to use 'em! (test them at the store before you leave!)

Also, since you'll be spraying the sides of your rainbow design cake, the cans will work better when upright for this, rather than trying to spray items that are flat on a pan.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%