I Think I'm Going To Cry...

Decorating By Tellis12 Updated 19 Jun 2010 , 9:15pm by Tellis12

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 12:34pm
post #1 of 11

This is one of those days where everything is going wrong! I have a square wedding cake due tonight. I've never done a large square cake and I didn't take into account enough room on the stand so the stand that I rented (because the one I purchased isn't here yet) is too small and I'm going to have to pray they have the larger stand in stock at the rental place! This is such a disaster. As well as the fact that the 14" bottom tier is cracking all over the place. I ended up cutting it into quarters in hopes that I would be able to assemble all 4 pieces and have it be stable enough. this is such a mess.

10 replies
makeminepink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makeminepink Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 12:46pm
post #2 of 11

I'm so sorry you're having a bad time! I've felt like that many times myself. But you can do it! It will be over soon and you can sink down into a nice bubble bath. Think on that. I'm saying a prayer for you right now icon_smile.gif

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 12:54pm
post #3 of 11

Definitely hang in there! You'd be surprised what beautiful things come out of the worst days of decorating!

Take it slow....It's gonna be great!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 1:21pm
post #4 of 11

Deep breath... deep breath... you can DO it! We are pulling for you. We've all been there... I was having 'one of those days' yesterday. So stay strong, and cry when it's all done! icon_lol.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 2:16pm
post #5 of 11

Ditto to all the above. Take a break, wash your face, brush your teeth, get something cold to drink, then go back to it. It will be fine - you are just stressed right now, all of us have been there!

makeminepink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makeminepink Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 3:14pm
post #6 of 11

Here's one of the verses for the day that I get-- today's is appropriate!

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

~ Philippians 4:6, NLT

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 3:35pm
post #7 of 11

I'm sorry your day isn't going well so far. I sure hope it gets better for you!

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 3:37pm
post #8 of 11

Walk away from the cake....take a deep breath....maybe a stiff shot of a little something something, take a nap, dream, wake up....and it all won't matter! No, just kidding. I've been there and it's such a horrible feeling when you're trying so hard and NOTHING goes right. Improvise and tell yourself that is how it was supposed to be all along. They'll never know the difference! Here's sending you a lot of luck your way!

sugalips Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugalips Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 3:39pm
post #9 of 11

I feel your pain. icon_cry.gif BUT don't sweat the small stuff....it's all small stuff. thumbs_up.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 3:42pm
post #10 of 11

Wow, hopefully this will make you feel better... I'm sitting here consoling you, and I realize I have a cake due that I haven't made. Thank goodness I can put her off until tomorrow morning. I've never done that, (forgotten a cake, I mean) but had a death in the family among other things this week, so I'm not going to beat myself up. The party isn't until tomorrow, so I'll deliver it in the AM. See, we all have those days, so bless your heart, I hope we both make it through this!! I guess you all know I'll be busy today! icon_rolleyes.gif

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 9:15pm
post #11 of 11

Thank you all so much for your support. I've spent a small fortune on renting cake stands and still don't have the one I actually purchased. But all in all, after assembly and delivery, it turned out alright.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%