Just One Of Those Days......

Decorating By EverAfterCakes Updated 18 Jun 2010 , 2:12pm by cheatize

EverAfterCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EverAfterCakes Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 11:56am
post #1 of 4

Has anyone just had one of those days where nothing goes right in the kitchen?... ugh... last night was definately that night... I was making a couple cakes for friends and my oven wasn't cooking evenly for some reason and I burnt all the cakes! Not terrible but you could smell it on the bottom.. I had to rebake everything except I was all out of eggs! At this point I'm getting frustrated and tired, I run to the store, get home and get working on rebaking the cakes.... By midnight, the cakes had finally cooled enough to ice... I start leveling one cake and it is underbaked in the center when the top was cooked? I think I'm coming down with something because my baking senses are completely out of wack!

Mmmmm... coffee....

By the way.... does anyone know how to do a soccer ball?? I couldn't figure it out to save the life of me.... black-pentagon, white-hexagon... but for some reason, the pieces didn't fit right...probably my bad cutting skills...or because it was just one of those nights.... icon_sad.gif

3 replies
JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 11:58am
post #2 of 4

I'm no help with the soccer ball, I just wanted to say that I hope today goes better for you!!!!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 12:15pm
post #3 of 4

you have it right, black pentagon white hexagon. When I made one I used the little paper template wilton gives you with the pan, and made myself some cookie cutters following the template for the size/shape. I was able to cut all the pieces and put them on the ball in under 10 minutes! It wasn't "perfect" but it did the trick and it was quick!
LL

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 2:12pm
post #4 of 4

It only seems to happen with paid cakes for me. One for the family? No problems. One for someone else? Big problems. I do everything "by the book" but it doesn't work. Last weekend I had bulging problems, drying problems, and even corner cracking problems. It makes me want to both scream and cry.

This does get better with more experience, right?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%