How To Create This Effect (Wavy Drape Over Top Of Cake)?

Decorating By MiriamG Updated 18 Jun 2010 , 11:43am by MiriamG

MiriamG Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 2:00am
post #1 of 4

Can someone tell me how to create this effect, where there's one color of fondant with a wavy bottom layed over the bottom layer of fondant of a different color?

For an example, see here:


3 replies
erikamj Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 2:30am
post #2 of 4

In this example it looks like they covered the whole cake in the red and then cut the white to the size they wanted and then laid it on top. then used the pink to outline it.

catlharper Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 3:44am
post #3 of 4

what you do is cover the cake in one color, cut out the scalloped edged circle and apply it over the first layer of fondant and then roll out a snake of fondant to go over the edge of the scallop. Fairly easy but looks SO impressive!

MiriamG Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 11:43am
post #4 of 4

Thank you both!! I'm going to give it a shot today icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%