Help Quick!! Pls!!

Decorating By michel30014 Updated 20 Jun 2010 , 6:45pm by michel30014

michel30014 Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 12:37am
post #1 of 6

Ok, I am currently in the middle of making 2 cakes for a double birthday party this weekend. A My Little Pony and a Harley Davidson Motorcyle Cake for the party have my hands full right now. (baking cakes, making fondant and frosting, etc.) Now, my youngest daughter, 13 wants to do her first cake on her own. She's never done any baking or decorating. Though, she has practiced a bit with the frosting. I did help her bake her first cake. A single 10 in round french vanilla cake. Now, I plan on making the frosting. No problem.

Here's the problem: She nor I have any idea what kind of theme or scene to do to the cake. She wants to make this for Father's Day, which is SUNDAY!!! I don't know where I am going to get the time to help her with this but I want to try. Any ideas for a Father's Day Cake. Her father's favorite things are Golf, Christian music, video games, and some football and baseball. Georgia Bulldogs, Green Bay Packers, and Atlanta Braves. His favorite drink is Diet Mt. Dew. I have a couple of ideas, but everything seems too hard for her to do on her own.
Can anyone give me a simple idea that a 13 yr old girl (with not much experience) can do?

5 replies
sewsweet2 Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 1:03am
post #2 of 6

10 inch round would make a cute baseball. Just a quick thought.

the1mom Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 8:45pm
post #3 of 6

or basketball as well....I made a cake divided into three parts and made the basketball section with gumpaste ball hoop and basketball and just did gray fondant for the would be quite simple to do...just a thought!!

PiccoloChellie Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 8:52pm
post #4 of 6

Golf ball? White buttercream, she could press little divots into it with a ball tool once it's crusted, and maybe a green grass border along the bottom edge?

nanikins Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 8:53pm
post #5 of 6

This cake, in just one tier, might work, especially if you have a little fondant left over for the flags & trees on the side.

michel30014 Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 6:45pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks to everyone for the ideas!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%