Mini Cakes?

Decorating By jesusfan10 Updated 17 Jun 2010 , 11:04pm by kakeladi

jesusfan10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jesusfan10 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 10:20pm
post #1 of 3

I would like to try to make some mini cakes but i don't know what kind of icing to use. Is there a tasty pourable icing that will look good too?

2 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 10:38pm
post #2 of 3

It depends on the look you want. And a little on the type of cake, as petit fours are traditional covered in pouring fondant, while bigger mini cakes and usually done in regular fondant

poring fondant - difficult (or just time consuming) to get a perfect finish.
Ganache - can be spread like bc, or poured on. Again, a little tricky to get a perfect finish.
Fondant - a b*tch to get a perfect finish
chocolate paste - like fondant but marginally easier as the heat from ur hands can help to smooth it.

Only crazy people do mini cakes! They are hard to get looking perfect, which means they are time consuming!
xx

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 11:04pm
post #3 of 3

.........Only crazy people do mini cakes! They are hard to get looking perfect, which means they are time consuming!.........Fondant - a b*tch to get a perfect finish ........

Well ........ LOL I agree w/the 1st quote from you but NOT with the 2nd one.

As was mentioned -- VERY, Very, very time consuming. Hard? Depends on the icing of choice and your expertiest(sp?).
I have tried poured fondant; b'cream and fondant. To me fondant is the easiest one.

You are just going to have to try your hand at all three and see what works best for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%