Condesation!

Decorating By pinksugarcake Updated 17 Jun 2010 , 7:56pm by PiccoloChellie

pinksugarcake Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 6:13pm
post #1 of 4

A couple years back I made a wedding cake with Chocopan "fondant" type frosting. I put into a commercial walk in refrigerator and the next morning it looked like it had rain drops all over it. Was it the fridge? fondant? will BC do this? It's time to do another cake and I am freaked out!

3 replies
PiccoloChellie Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 6:52pm
post #2 of 4

Fondant + refrigerators don't mix too well. Yep, that was condensation. It's the same thing that happens when you take a cold bottle of soda out of the fridge and set it on the counter for a few minutes - all that water beads up on the outside. Not good for fondant!

I tend to avoid putting any of my cakes in the fridge unless they have perishable ingredients. If you can avoid it, don't refrigerate your finished cake.

pinksugarcake Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 7:41pm
post #3 of 4

THANK YOU! If I do lemon curd filling should I do store bought for the preservatives and not do homemade if I leave it out overnight?

PiccoloChellie Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksugarcake

THANK YOU! If I do lemon curd filling should I do store bought for the preservatives and not do homemade if I leave it out overnight?

Yes, definitely use store bought if you want to do a lemon curd. icon_smile.gif

Man, a cake with lemon curd and raspberry filling sounds really good right now! icon_cool.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%