Db Watermelon And Clover

Decorating By sweet_honesty Updated 18 Jun 2010 , 1:54am by Karen421

sweet_honesty Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 6:09pm
post #1 of 8

Has anyone out there ever coloured fondant or gumpaste to match David's Bridal watermelon and clover. I need to make some callas in these colours for a wedding cake in August. I was just wondering where is a good place to start as I am crap at mixing colours.

7 replies
deah Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 6:15pm
post #2 of 8

I've not had the need to match DB colors but I have read that they are extremely hard to match perfectly. Good luck!

BeanCountingBaker Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 8

I read something about David's Bridal being hard to match too. Good Luck! I believe there's a wilton color mixing guide on the wilton site. I don't know if water melon is on there or not.

sweet_honesty Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 8:07pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks guys. The posts I read so far have all said they were hard to match actual ribbon to a swatch of their material. I haven't come across any that deal with actually colouring fondant. I usually do some digging in the history before I actually post a Q. Will check out that colour chart on Wilton. Anybody else???

sweet_honesty Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 11:51pm
post #5 of 8

It's not against the rules to give yourself a bump is it?....

*Shameless bump* icon_smile.gif

cutthecake Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 12:03am
post #6 of 8

What are "DB watermelon and clover"?

Uniqueask Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 12:23am
post #7 of 8
Originally Posted by cutthecake

What are "DB watermelon and clover"?

David's Bridal, color match.

Karen421 Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 1:54am
post #8 of 8

I also have to make DB clover for an August wedding cake. I ended up buying some ribbon, so I will have something to match it to. (It is very close to a sage color) I remember reading on here that Wilton juniper (I think) was close, but I can't find the thread.

Quote by @%username% on %date%