Blueberry Cake?

Baking By CookieMeister Updated 18 Jun 2010 , 5:57pm by CookieMeister

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 4:59pm
post #1 of 4

My nephew's 5th birthday is this weekend. He wants a blueberry cake!

I have a recipe for a blueberry pound cake, but want to give him something lighter. Was thinking about just putting blueberries into WASC, but with the high liquid content of the blueberries, I don't know how that would turn out.

Andybody have a good recipe or suggestions on how to make it work with WASC?

3 replies
cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 4

I just read here the other day that Carlo (Cake Boss) puts frozen blueberries in his bb cake and they don't breakdown

preppie523 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
preppie523 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 5:16pm
post #3 of 4

Ok, so I have nothing to lend to the idea of blueberry cake....but that puppy is the most adorable thing ever!!! Just looks so cuddly and playful, made me smile icon_razz.gif

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 5:57pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks, Preppie. That's my baby Sascha, who is actually 4 now.

In case anybody else ever has the blueberry cake predicament - What I tried first seemed to work. I used fresh blueberries, whole, and the WASC recipe (I used vanilla instead of almond flavoring). Baked 2-8" layers.

The blueberries burst at some point during the baking process, makig it look like a blueberry muffin, but it didn't affect the consistency of the cake.

The blueberries didn't totally sink to the bottom, though they were predominantly on the bottom side of the cake. So what I did was torted those 2 layers another time, and flipped them before icing between them so the blueberries were more evenly distributed. Quick fix to that problem!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%