How Do You Make Cake Out Of This?

Decorating By sweetbn Updated 26 Jun 2010 , 5:27am by sweetbn

sweetbn Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 3:11pm
post #1 of 7

Yesterday my Grandma went on her big shopping trip to her food suppliers and discovered a baking store. She was so excited so she picked up a 20kg bag of cake mix for me after seeing all my cakes on facebook. We put the bag in the car and never thought twice about it. Went into the restaurant for coffee and my parents were running behind. So right after Grandma pulled out of the parking lot I decided to show my parents this giant bag of cake mix she bought. Well my Dad and boyfriend get looking at the bag and exlcaim "That's a bag of starch". We ended up chasing my Grandma down the highway (she lives 4 hours away), she wasn't answering her cell phone, and thankfully we caught up to her at a gas station 5 minutes down the highway. When she saw us pull up she was very puzzled until I told her that I was quite confident I wouldn't be able to turn a 22kg bag of starch into cake Lol icon_lol.gif We exchanged bags and everyone went on their way icon_smile.gif Never a dull moment with Grandma around and that's why I love her.

6 replies
weirkd Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 7

Lol. My mom does things like that. Shes 82 and a powerhouse. She still insists on mailing me bags of confectionary sugar and extracts!! Then she is showing my cake pictures to the employees of the post office!!! She is a trip! And I love her to pieces!!

mamawrobin Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 4:14pm
post #3 of 7

How funny. Enjoy your grandmother and spend as much time with her as you can. I lost my only grandmother (Dad's mother died when he was 14) On January 01, 1984 at the age of 59. I miss her everyday. On a lighter note my grandfather is still living and at 94 still going strong. icon_biggrin.gif

dozenredroses Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 1:15am
post #4 of 7

Grandmothers are great!

What did she do with all of that starch?

thatslifeca Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 8:12am
post #5 of 7
Originally Posted by dozenredroses

Grandmothers are great!

What did she do with all of that starch?

I'm curious too!!!! What does she do with all that starch? I don't have any grandma's left on earth, but I also can wait on being a grandma lol. I loved both my grandma's, their the reason I bake. It all started with a rubarb pie.

Rose_N_Crantz Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 8:50pm
post #6 of 7

Ever since I started baking my mom keeps bringing me little plastic baggies that you would package cookies or chocolates in.

But I don't make cookies or chocolates. icon_smile.gif

It's the thought I guess!

sweetbn Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 5:27am
post #7 of 7

I think she must use the starch for catering or something, or maybe she was going to split it with the lady she came to the city with? It was huge though lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%