Wii Accident

Lounge By Rachie204 Updated 23 Jun 2010 , 2:15pm by VannaD

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 2:32am
post #1 of 15

Tonight my six year old son was playing sword fighting on Will Sport Resorts on his Wii game system and decided he didn't need to attach the wrist strap.....during his fast swinging the wrist strap flew up and the plastic end hit him in the mouth knocking out his recently loose tooth.....which he then caught lol

Luckily his tooth was a baby one and going to fall out any day .... just a fair warning to everyone who plays to attach the strap securely in place.

This was of course followed by tears because there was a small amount of blood... lol

Time to search the house high and low for some loose cash....i think the tooth fairy may need to run to the ATM icon_smile.gif

14 replies
CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 5:42am
post #2 of 15

That is my six-year-old son's favorite game! We also have to get on him about securing the wrist strap...but I can't say that he's ever lost a tooth because he forgot! icon_lol.gif

Great story, though. I'm going to tell my boy all about it in the morning!!

deb4oscar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deb4oscar Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 5:05pm
post #3 of 15

My husband plays the sports games with the kids and he always makes sure that they are strapped in. He on the other hand doesn't think he needed it, that was until he lost control and throw the remote at the tv missing it by inches. Now I tell the kids to be sure that their father is strapped in as well...

Rachie204 Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 3:10am
post #4 of 15

cookied~ Today I noticed the other tooth is hanging on by a thread...it will be gone by tomorrow night no doubt.

deb~ LOL it's always Daddy that doesn't follow the rules ... my husband is the same way icon_smile.gif

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 3:36pm
post #5 of 15

I'm glad he didnt get to hurt! There is a whole website dedicated to wii injuries! The only thing Ive managed to break was my hubbys screen on his 50" flat screen tv, and I had the wrist strap on icon_sad.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 3:59pm
post #6 of 15

a little added fun: free fairy tooth box

http://fairiesandfantasy.com/images/freestuff/toothboxes.jpg

CookieD-oh Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 4:22pm
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by chassidyg

The only thing Ive managed to break was my hubbys screen on his 50" flat screen tv, and I had the wrist strap on icon_sad.gif

My husband would have FLIPPED OUT!!! So sorry that happened to you!

Doug--That is a beautiful box! My boy has a couple of loose teeth right now (barring any unforseen Wii incidents, they will be out in week or so icon_lol.gif . Will be printing that out!

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 5:37pm
post #8 of 15

I've had several friends whose children broke their plasmas while not wearing the wrist strap.

yianna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yianna Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 9:06pm
post #9 of 15

I have heard of various people who have broken either windows and even plasma screens when they are not having the wrist strap on.

Rachie204 Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 11:20pm
post #10 of 15

thanks doug!!!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 12:18am
post #11 of 15

oooohhh...

an idea -- have any edible cake glitter????

FAIRY DUST!!!!

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 8:51pm
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

oooohhh...

an idea -- have any edible cake glitter????

FAIRY DUST!!!!

My DD just lost her 1st tooth (not Wii related) and I sprinkled glittery makeup on her face and hair, she loved it, thought it came off the toothfairy's wings...
We've had no wii accidents luckily, but theres a video on you tube of a salesman on HSN or qvc, using the WII, and throwing it at the flatscreen tv.

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 1:45pm
post #13 of 15

Great story! I'm glad your son was okay and I'm grateful for the warning about those straps.

Thanks for the link, Doug. That is a really cute box. My son hasn't lost any teeth yet, but all of his other six-year-old friends have and he can't wait! I will definitely be using this!

CookieD-oh Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 1:58pm
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetcaking

... My son hasn't lost any teeth yet, but all of his other six-year-old friends have and he can't wait!

My son was the last in his class to lose a tooth. He was so excited when it finally happened!

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 2:15pm
post #15 of 15

My DD is about 5 and a half, I couldnt believe it when her tooth started wiggling and then fell out (took about 3 mths). Im not ready for this growing up stuff!!! icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%