Barbie Camo Cake

Decorating By mandy3689 Updated 17 Jun 2010 , 6:32am by mom2twogrlz

mandy3689 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 1:20am
post #1 of 5

I have been asked to make a cake for my neice. She is very close to her grandfather who is an avid hunter and so now her favorite "color" is pink camo. Her party though is Barbie themed. So to recap i need a barbie cake for my tomboy neice. I've got the wonder mold for the barbie but how do I dress her, etc. I can't really give her a camo gown, can I? :-} She will be on top of a 12 " round.... HELP!

4 replies
LuluSweetArt Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 5:31am
post #2 of 5

How about just covering the 12" round in camo and then adding solid darker pink accents like stars or hearts? That way you could "dress" Barbie however you wanted...maybe jeans and a camo shirt? Here's another thought, if you just do the camo cake and incorporate Barbie's signature colors and maybe some of her signature accesories, i.e. maybe some gumpase shoes or handbags, is Barbie herself really necessary? Just a thought! Good luck!

elvisb Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 6:06am
post #3 of 5

I kind of like the camo gown idea. icon_smile.gif Post pics if you decide to do it. I'd love to see that one!

cupcakeparty Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 6:31am
post #4 of 5

why cant barbie be in a camo gown??? nothing wrong with that idea i think.... icon_smile.gif

mom2twogrlz Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 6:32am
post #5 of 5

How about Barbie goes hunting. Have her dressed in a pink or hunting green skirt with a camo top and orange vest, maybe even a camo hat. But of course Barbie needs some accessories, like a pink gun and a blinged out handbag. You could make the base a field with the preferred prey on the sides......Oh yeah...Barbie needs a cell phone too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%