Christening Cake For Twins - Need Ideas

Decorating By lucia Updated 24 Jun 2010 , 3:34pm by msthang1224

lucia Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 12:35am
post #1 of 5

My sister has asked me to make a Christening cake for her twin girls. She has left it all up to me only saying that she wants two seperate cakes. I am not a professional and do this more as a hobby, so not up to anything too complicated.

I really need some ideas.

Thanks - Lucia

4 replies
kakeladi Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 12:45am
post #2 of 5

You can make very simple, beautiful cakes by making sure the icing is smooth and perfect, then just a press for imprit a design that you pipe over, add their names and borders.
OR make a fancy cross out of strips of fondant or gumpaste - there are many pix in the gallery - add a couple of flowers and borders.
If you ice them very perfectly it will make a truely beautiful cake.
Put 2 rounds next to each other bumped up to each other

w/some flowers where they meet.
Here's an example of the cross I was referring to: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1243434.html

If you go into the gallery; click on the little word 'search', a screen pops up that asks you subject; type in baby baptism and some 14 pages of pix will come up......lots of inspiration icon_smile.gif

matthewkyrankelly Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 12:51am
post #3 of 5

My Christening cakes are always simple. White on white with a simple cross and God Bless You (Name). Some people like small additions of color in either pink or blue (dots or additions to piping that is done in white).

I don't think it calls for too much. Some people like the classic sprays of roses. Since it is a religious celebration, you don't need to get too crazy. I would hate to offend someone and make them feel like I was disrespectful.

southernswthrt Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 1:58am
post #4 of 5

My sister is expecting twin girls, as well! and I'll be making a christening cake too!

Does anyone know how you would make the fondant cross in the photo in the link?

msthang1224 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 3:34pm
post #5 of 5

Lucia, since she wants 2 sperate cake you could make one cross and the other a bible cake. These are very simple and doesn't require a lot of hard word. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%