Fonts

Decorating By fishabel Updated 17 Jun 2010 , 6:36am by fishabel

fishabel Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 9:59pm
post #1 of 5

I'm getting orders for a number of different cakes that have writing on them. For example GUCCI or Spalding on a basketball. To make it look authentic the font has to be right. So far I've been printing out the lettering and cutting out fondant by hand. There is not that many letter cut out kits in different fonts that you buy. There has to be an easier way. I wondered if Cricut could do this or something else. HELP!!!!! and thanks for looking. icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif

4 replies
catlharper Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 10:49pm
post #2 of 5

Yup the Cricut can do it but you have to have one of the add on computer programs like Make The Cut to do it. Basically it will take the art right off the web and convert it to a file that your cricut can use to cut it out.

leily Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 1:58am
post #3 of 5

you'll need to be careful doing those items though, expecially with the correct font. Gucci and Spalding are most likely copyright/licensed items and re-creating them could put your business at risk.

catlharper Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 4:21am
post #4 of 5

You are absolutely correct...when I make something that has a logo I tend to put my own spin on the logo so Prada is suddenly Prodo and the C's on my handbag are not really the C's that are on a real Coach handbag...just a tad off, you know?

fishabel Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 6:36am
post #5 of 5

Thanks to everyone. Copyright is definately something to watch out for but I think I'm going to have to invest in a Cricut, even if I use a slightly different spin on the lettering . It's better than having to cut it out by hand.
thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%