Fondant Stargazers

Decorating By Katiwren Updated 18 Jun 2010 , 2:28pm by Katiwren

Katiwren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katiwren Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 9:23pm
post #1 of 7

I just got my first order for a wedding cake and the bride wants stargazer lily flowers on it. I'd like to learn to make my own, but can't find any good examples on the internet. Any suggestions?

If I can't make my own, I'd like to buy them because she REALLY wants some. Any advice on the best places to buy fondant stargazers (that's cheap?) Thanks!!

6 replies
PapiCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PapiCakes Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 9:40pm
post #2 of 7

This is a real good DVD on making them.
http://designmeacake.com/catalog/i1.html

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 3:57am
post #3 of 7

See if this tutorial come up on the web:
www.duskyroseveiners.co.uk/page_999201.html. Just used this, this past April to make fondant Stargazers for my daughter's 16th birthday. If this does not come up. It is Dusky Rose Flower tutorial website. It is wonderful. HTH
Hammy

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 4:02am
post #4 of 7

Sorry I forgot to mention ,there are some on-line sites for flowers. I order mine from Pfeil and Holing. Others rec. I think it's called wholesale sugar flowers? Oh yeah I made my flowers with wilton fondant and gumtex. I love the stuff. Thats all I have using so far. Again, HTH
Hammy

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 1:35pm
post #5 of 7

There is a very good tutorial right here on CC...do a search for asiatic lily. I used it as a base, but incorporated some other techniques I had learned, to do the stargazers for my daughter's wedding cake.

iamcakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamcakin Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 1:50pm
post #6 of 7

When I don't have time to make them, I order flowers from Cal Java. They are reasonable, and very well packed, I've never had any broken pieces.
HTH

http://www.caljavaonline.com/lily2.htm

Katiwren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katiwren Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 2:28pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone! I went ahead and ordered some veiners from Dusky Rose and am hoping to get them soon so I can practice. If not, I'll definitely look at the sites you guys listed and see which one looks best for the bride.

Thanks again! Y'all are great! (Yes...I'm from the south...)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%