Pillow Cake

Decorating By diamondsmom Updated 19 Jun 2010 , 8:52am by fishabel

diamondsmom Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 9:20pm
post #1 of 6

Hi CC Family,

So my sis-in-law's sweet 16 is coming up and she requested a set of stacked pillow cakes. Here's my problem: I purchased pillow cake pan set from Wilton and there are no directions to it. I have no idea how to ice this cake and cover the cakes in fondant.. I would also want to do 2 layers for each cake with a filling.

Please help me Guys with some directions icon_sad.gif

5 replies
cupcake_cutie Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 9:38pm
post #2 of 6

Hello diamondsmom, I'm not sure about the Wilton set instructions, but here are some that may help.

fishabel Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 7:05am
post #3 of 6

I've been wanting to make this pillow cake for ages. It looked to me like they where just square cakes to begin with. You could calve them out a bit to begin with. Cover as normal with fondant, then with a stitching wheel run over it to create the quilted look. I've then seen lustre painted on to some of the squares to create a patch work look and maybe what we in Australia call cashous(silver balls) in where the stitching crosses. Have you got an extruder. it would look good to do some tassels on the corners. Have the pillows all look different. Maybe stencil a pattern onto another one. Gosh, I wish I was making one. Good Luck

diamondsmom Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 10:34am
post #4 of 6

thanks guys,

but being as i purchased the pans from wilton i would love to try them. we learn from trial and error so i'll give it a go before the party and see how it turns out.

allthehobbies Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 10:53am
post #5 of 6

I found this on Wilton's website. You could adjust it for your specific decoration idea:

fishabel Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 8:52am
post #6 of 6

Here is a picture. I've got one that looks better than this. I'll see if I can find it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%