So I Received My Free Fondarific Samples And...

Decorating By CrumblesConfections Updated 16 Jun 2010 , 9:37pm by SecretAgentCakeBaker

CrumblesConfections Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 8:11pm
post #1 of 9

They were ALL MELTED!!! I think no one, including myself, thought about how hot it is here in Houston and so if I hadn't checked the mail yesterday I'm sure all my little samples would be dissolved. They were all gooey and I put them in the fridge but now I'm not even excited anymore! icon_cry.gif

8 replies
LisaMarie86 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 8:16pm
post #2 of 9

Mine were all melted too I popped them in the fridge and they turned out fine.

mom2spunkynbug Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 8:21pm
post #3 of 9

That stinks!

By the way, how do you get a free sample?

mayo2222 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 8:35pm
post #4 of 9

You do have to pay for shipping/handling so its not totaly free...FYI. Is it $6 or something like that

LisaMarie86 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 8:36pm
post #5 of 9

where do you get them? I got samples from cakesupplies4you or something like that and had to pay not much but a little bit.

cakesdivine Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 8:38pm
post #6 of 9

I seem to recall a member here that bought an entire 10 pound bucket and the mail man left it in the hot sun all day. She said it was pure liquid when she opened it. She stirred the contents to remix then refrigerated over night. The product went back to its regular consistancy and was just as great tasting and didn't have any issues.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 8:39pm
post #7 of 9

Is this the company that makes the Duff fondant sold at Michaels? If so, it does melt very easily. I had my cake sitting on the kitchen table. It originally wasn't in a sunny spot and was totally fine, but then the sun moved. The cake was in the sun for about an hour and everything started to melt, causing my figures to fall off. It was 69 degrees inside my house; this just happened from direct sunlight.

Just a warning if the cake you are making is going to be put into the sun.

CrumblesConfections Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 9:22pm
post #8 of 9

I don't know if this is the company that makes the Duff fondant, but it was very tasty (the chocolate, at least). I'll try the others tonight. Has anyone tried the Duff fondant yet? I was waiting to hear feedback before I purchased any. I usually make my own, but I was just curious.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 9:37pm
post #9 of 9

Well, the Duff fondant tastes very good. It smells even better. Especially the chocolate/brown. That's the one that melted on me.

The black has a bit of a chocolate/coffee scent. The white smells very strongly of vanilla and sweet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%