Need Frosting Flavor Help- And ? About Indydebi's Bc

Decorating By Mom2ANC Updated 21 Jun 2010 , 2:24pm by mamawrobin

Mom2ANC Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 8

I am making a large sheet cake, but the problem is that half of it needs to be lemon cake with raspberry, and the other half chocolate with oreo filling. At first, I was like 'Oh, that will be easy!" because I figured I'd just put two cakes together, no worries.
But, then I remembered I had to frost both cakes the with the same icing!
I was going to use Indydebi's buttercream because I love it and the cake will be outside in hot and humid weather. But, I don't know if the lemon cake would taste good with the vanilla frosting. Do you think that would taste OK together? Lemon cake, raspberry filling, and vanilla flavored buttercream?
Any other flavor suggestions that would taste good with both?
I'd love to use a white chocolate flavor, but can I add white chocolate to Indydebi's frosting and it still come out OK?
Any other suggestions?

7 replies
hvanaalst Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 7:08pm
post #2 of 8

I think the buttercream will be fine on the outside. I made her buttercream last week and added white chocolate to it and it worked out fine.

PiccoloChellie Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 7:12pm
post #3 of 8

I've done several lemon/raspberry cakes with vanilla BC and they're delicious. icon_smile.gif Just up the lemon flavor a little bit in the cake to make sure it shines through and it'll be fantastic!

smokeysmokerton Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 7:26pm
post #4 of 8

That sounds really good. I'd think vanilla would be the perfect compliment because it would cut the tartness of the lemon and raspberry.

mamawrobin Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 8:51pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvanaalst

I think the buttercream will be fine on the outside. I made her buttercream last week and added white chocolate to it and it worked out fine.

I add melted white chocolate to Indydebi's icing quite often. That would be excellent on both flavors of your cake. I use the Baker's White Chocolate squares and add 6 ounces melted and cooled but still pourable.

mariemakescakes Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 11:09pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvanaalst

I add melted white chocolate to Indydebi's icing quite often. That would be excellent on both flavors of your cake. I use the Baker's White Chocolate squares and add 6 ounces melted and cooled but still pourable.

Great idea mamawrobin thumbs_up.gif

Mom2ANC Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 2:18pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you!
Indydebi's frosting w/ vanilla was perfect!

mamawrobin Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 2:24pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2ANC

Thank you!
Indydebi's frosting w/ vanilla was perfect!

thumbs_up.gif I love her icing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%