Just Wondering If You Use The Price Matrix

Business By lorascreationz Updated 17 Jun 2010 , 1:42am by cheatize

lorascreationz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorascreationz Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 5:37pm
post #1 of 2

Hi guys, so i have been doing cakes for now about 3 yrs...I consider myself pretty good..but like alot of home bakers I started out way wrong.....shooting myself in the foot many times...with the excuses...they are my friends, i am just getting started...yes I was booked but it has become a drag where my BF stepped in and said I am not longer allowed to tell people prices...LOL she will..
So my question to you, is do you use the price matrix..I really only do carved cakes, I dont do simple they bore me and I tell them just go to costco..LOL, I just am tired of shooting myself in the foot, I know I am worth more and I got to the point, where when I get contacted I tell them I start at $80 and go from there...depends on the design...ok I am rambling but I would like to know how everyone is pricing there carved cakes...thanks for your guys help in advance!

1 reply
cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 1:42am
post #2 of 2

I absolutely use a pricing matrix. I created my own in Excel. It was a very long grocery store trip, but I put all the prices for ingredients in there, found a utility usage price online, and made it add up automatically when I input how much of what I will be using. I also put labor time and cost in there. I input my numbers and out pops a final cost. There's no arguing with the thing when I think "Oh, my! That's way too much!" LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%