Andy Tips On Making Black Mmf.

Baking By mandirombold Updated 16 Jun 2010 , 6:39pm by tame

mandirombold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandirombold Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 5:28pm
post #1 of 7

I need to make a large batch of black MMF. I can't even bare the thought, I have only made some pcs of black and it was a nightmare. Does anyone have a tip that makes to easier? less mess, mine stays so sticky it seems to seperate, doesn't roll.etc

6 replies
singinglark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
singinglark Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 7

I start with a chocolate MMF...adding extra cocoa and then add black until it is the color I want. REALLY chocolatey and have to sometimes add some liquid so it doesn't get too dry - but easier than using a TON of black coloring. You could also buy black pre-made...or airbrush it black.

missmikey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmikey Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 6:10pm
post #3 of 7

I have made mmf and just put some black gel color in the melted marshmallows. It worked just fine for me, was a great color and just right texture.

luv_to_decorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv_to_decorate Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 6:12pm
post #4 of 7

There a recipe on her for truly black mmf. Search the recipes. It uses melted chocolate. I used this recipe for my guitar hero cake and I added the americolor super black to the melted marshmallows and chocolte before adding the powder sugar. It turned out great and tasted great too.

Motorhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motorhead Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 6:14pm
post #5 of 7

i have tried all three versions of black (and red!!) adding color after to mmf, adding color during the mixing process and making chocolate fondant. i think, for me, making the choc.fondant with cocoa was the best result. didn't change the texture too much and had a wonderful flavor! good luck!! (p.s i do not recommend making the MMF first, then adding color=nightmare!!) icon_lol.gif

Motorhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motorhead Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 6:17pm
post #6 of 7

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-672575-0-days0-orderasc-.html
check out the above link, this was a post regarding black MMF. HTH!

tame Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tame Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 6:39pm
post #7 of 7

I use the recipe for the true black mmf on a steelers jersey and it was truly black the picture are in my photos

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%