What's Everyone Making For Father's Day??

Lounge By melissablack Updated 21 Jun 2010 , 7:12pm by mkolmar

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 12:25pm
post #31 of 40

I have 2 orders for cheesecake for Father's Day so I'm just gonna make an extra cake for my DH. Saves me the trouble of mixing up and baking something else. I'm Laaaay-zeeee. icon_biggrin.gif

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 9:53pm
post #32 of 40

Thanks for all the replies! Those all sound really amazing and delicious icon_smile.gif

I am just going to make a chocolate cake with perhaps a cannoli filling, chocolate buttercream, and do a FBT of an antique car, I think.

Hope everyone has a nice father's day!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 10:02pm
post #33 of 40

I am making absolutely NOTHING!! that is my gift to DH. He wanted a cake free weekend. So I gave it to him. His work has a one week shutdown 1st week of july. And he said, please no cakes that week either. I caved and promised him no cakes that week. Do have any idea how hard that is to promise?? icon_sad.gificon_cry.gificon_sad.gif

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 11:42pm
post #34 of 40

I'm spoiling my DH rotten with a surf and turf dinner...steak and lobster (local market had them on sale for only $6) with asparagus and baked potatoes followed up with devils food cake filled with vanilla buttercream and iced, by my son, with vanilla buttercream...my dh's favorite cake! Gonna be WAY nummy!

Cat

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 12:22am
post #35 of 40

I made my Grandpa a big batch of coconut-orange-pineapple-almond ice cream and tonight I'm making a simple pineapple upside-down layer cake to take to the cookout tomorrow.
Tomorrow I'm making the future father of my children vanilla-pomegranate ice cream.

Nothing fancy, taking it easy - I can't spoil 'em with fancy cakes all the time, after all. icon_biggrin.gif

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 1:22am
post #36 of 40

Gee, Cat, can I drop by for dinner?

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 2:28pm
post #37 of 40

Cake truffles.....

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 4:54pm
post #38 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianna46

Gee, Cat, can I drop by for dinner?

LOL...I MIGHT be convinced to share a bite or two...then again...NAH...LOL...I can't wait for dinner and I haven't even had breakfast yet!

CakesByJen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByJen2 Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 5:07pm
post #39 of 40

Kept it pretty simple, no cake; I'm pretty much caked-out these days. I still like doing cakes, but just don't have the time for the clean-up.

I made baked potatoes and grilled filet mignon with gorgonzola butter & balsamic vinegar reduction, grilled zucchini & cherry tomatoes, 3-bean salad. Pina colada sherbet for a light, refreshing dessert.

Gave him a couple of videos and a six-pack of Bud Light icon_smile.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 7:12pm
post #40 of 40

I didn't go all out like I normally do, but I did make a few things.
Beef tenderloin stuffed with feta - spinach and smoked bacon, tomato-cucumber-mozzarella-basil salad, fresh picked salad with raspberries - blackberries-almonds and sunflower seeds, seasoned fresh green beans, French bread. Dessert was coconut pudding with sliced strawberries and mini tiramisu eclairs.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%