What's Everyone Making For Father's Day??

Lounge By melissablack Updated 21 Jun 2010 , 7:12pm by mkolmar

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 5:13pm
post #1 of 40

I want to try a new recipe, something delectable with some type of creamy filling, something chocolatey... I usually just make pretty plain cake flavors. I haven't even give much thought on what design I'll do yet. Hmm...

What kind of cake/design are you making?

icon_smile.gif

39 replies
dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 5:35pm
post #2 of 40

i will probably make my dad an atomic cake, yum!! i also made him a "mariachi man" but he will most likely not want to cut it...so we need a back-up, lol!

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 5:42pm
post #3 of 40

No cake here; DH requested coconut cream pie.

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 5:43pm
post #4 of 40

Chocolate cake with chocolate icing, plainly iced (hubby is a man of simple tates). But then I'll probably write "Happy Falker Satherhood*" on it.

*from cakewrecks for those not familiar with the term.

tmgarcia_98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmgarcia_98 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 5:46pm
post #5 of 40

I will be making my hubby a WASC cake, but with the coconut-pecan frosting that you normally put on a german-chocolate cake.

He loves the frosting, but doesn't like chocolate.

confectionsofahousewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionsofahousewife Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 5:49pm
post #6 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailey

i will probably make my dad an atomic cake, yum!! i also made him a "mariachi man" but he will most likely not want to cut it...so we need a back-up, lol!

What's an atomic cake??

For my dad I am making a chocolate cake with caramel and pecan filling iced with chocolate ganache. My husband doesn't eat sweets (I know!) so he gets no cake!

cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 5:50pm
post #7 of 40

My DH does not like cake either unless it is Mccains frozen cake from the frozen department of the grocery store. I am going to make a cheesecake pie (one of his favorites) -- easy mix cool whip and cream cheese together with a bit of lemon and lime juice. Pour into a graham cracker crust and put in fridge for four hours. Works great. I layer with fresh strawbery slices and drizzle with melted chocolate. Add whipped cream to serve. I am making a birthday cake for my daughter for Saturday though so I will still get my cake decorating fix this week. LOL.

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 5:57pm
post #8 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by confectionsofahousewife

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailey

What's an atomic cake??

For my dad I am making a chocolate cake with caramel and pecan filling iced with chocolate ganache. My husband doesn't eat sweets (I know!) so he gets no cake!

atomic cake is a very popular dessert in Chicago. its 3 layers, white, chocolate and either banana or yellow cake. then it has a strawberry and banana filling iced in whipped cream..very tasty!

Rachel5370 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachel5370 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 6:06pm
post #9 of 40

I'm making a Meyer Lemon Tart. I made it for Easter and hubby keeps asking for it! It's a recipe I found on Food Network .com- by far the best I've ever had or made. Texture like silk- mmm!

Rachel5370 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachel5370 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 6:09pm
post #10 of 40

I'm making a Meyer Lemon Tart that I made for Easter and hubby keeps asking for it. It was by far the best I have ever made or eaten. I found the recipe on Food Network.com. The texture is like silk- amazing! I highly reccomend it for any dad who loves lemon!

mmdiez10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdiez10 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 6:10pm
post #11 of 40

No decorated cakes for my hubby; although he does appreciate my cakes and the hard work that goes into them. His favorite cake for Father's Day and his birthday is my pineapple upside down cake. I'll probably just pipe some rosettes with whipped cream around the edge.

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 6:15pm
post #12 of 40

i am amking hamburgers and fries off of bakerella. she used cupcakes with brownie in the middle and sugar cookies for the fries. think it will be fun for my dad and different.

dropofessence Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dropofessence Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 6:21pm
post #13 of 40

I am thinking to make a Watch in the display box for my kids father. I have never made one before, but I am gonna try. I will post the pic's when I am done icon_smile.gif

LisaMarie86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMarie86 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 6:24pm
post #14 of 40

My dad's favorite is just plain angel food cake. I think thats all I am going to do for him. He loves it. Might do a German Choc Cake too he is also a big fan of that.

Creativebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creativebakes Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 6:30pm
post #15 of 40

I'm making my husband a fudge brownie cake with chocolate buttercream topped with chocolate ganache!

Maria925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria925 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 6:45pm
post #16 of 40

DH is a big blueberry fan so....Sat morning my daughters & I are going to a u-pick farm for some fresh ones. I plan on using them in a blueberry cake (which I've never made before) and in a blueberry cream cheese filling. Will probably frost with either vanilla BC or Cream cheese frosting.

I will probably decorate with blue stars since blue is his favorite color and he's a Cowboys fan so the star is important icon_smile.gif

lissergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lissergirl Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 6:59pm
post #17 of 40

I think I may make a turtle cheesecake for my Hubby and Dad! I'm pretty sure my family is getting a little burned out on cake so this will be a nice treat.

LisaMarie86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMarie86 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 7:02pm
post #18 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria925

DH is a big blueberry fan so....Sat morning my daughters & I are going to a u-pick farm for some fresh ones. I plan on using them in a blueberry cake (which I've never made before) and in a blueberry cream cheese filling. Will probably frost with either vanilla BC or Cream cheese frosting.

I will probably decorate with blue stars since blue is his favorite color and he's a Cowboys fan so the star is important icon_smile.gif

I made blueberry ice cream at school yesterday. It is super good nothing to do with the cake or your husband but thought Id give you the idea if you have an ice cream maker.

tame Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tame Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 7:03pm
post #19 of 40

I wanted to make my husband a chocolate fuge chess cake, that's if I can find the molds in time

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 7:18pm
post #20 of 40

my husband loves german choc.. he usually only gets it on his birthday lol.. maybe I'll do that.. but then I won't eat any, so maybe not!

jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tame Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tame Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 7:36pm
post #22 of 40

Jenn, those strawberries are awesome

lecie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecie Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 8:00pm
post #23 of 40

my husband's car and it will be my first car cake, too.

susieqhomemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susieqhomemaker Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 8:42pm
post #24 of 40
Quote:

That is such a cute idea! I think I'll try that for my dad!

carlee521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carlee521 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 4:35am
post #25 of 40

I'm making a carrot cake icon_smile.gif My first carrot cake ever.

I will be making the white chocolate cream cheese icing that's posted here in the recipes. My dad isn't a fan of cream cheese but my grandpa is, however, they both like white chocolate. icon_biggrin.gif

LuluSweetArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LuluSweetArt Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 4:43am
post #26 of 40

My husband is currently deployed, so I shipped him a box of orange infused dark chocolate chip cookies over a week ago. I just hope they get there okay...and on time!

Tracy7953 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracy7953 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 4:46am
post #27 of 40

Homemade apple pie. He is not a big cake fan.

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 4:47am
post #28 of 40

I'm trying to convince myself to take the plunge and make a 1963 red Mustang, because it's my son in law's favorite car, and he's put up with a lot from me this year (I've been living with them, poor things!). But the challenges have me shaking in my boots. It may end up looking like a cartoon car, but I guess if I don't try, I'll never learn anything new!

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 5:00am
post #29 of 40

Nothing :'( My dad doesnt like anything sweet at all . . .And my hubby hates cake . . Heh . .

So dads getting slippers and hubbys getting a wireless adapter for his computer ! Although i dont get to enjoy Myself . . I saved a packet on what i would of spent on cake stuff this time of year lol!

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 5:06am
post #30 of 40

We're having a big barbecue so I'm planning on doing a large tiki god head, dark chocolate and ganache. We'll see what happens though....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%