Does Deleting Temporary Files Erase Saved Favorites?

Decorating By JohnnyCakes1966 Updated 17 Jun 2010 , 3:46am by cheatize

JohnnyCakes1966 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 4:56pm
post #1 of 6

I'm cleaning up my computer (deleting temp files, cookies, etc), but I believe I read somewhere on here that doing that will erase your saved favorite recipes, photos, etc, on this site. I searched and can't find anything about it. Does anyone know if that's true?

5 replies
jqorso Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 5:08pm
post #2 of 6

I clear my cookies and haven't lost any favorites. I don't think it's computer specific, since you can log in from any computer and still see all your info. HTH

cheatize Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 1:48am
post #3 of 6

If they are in your favorites/bookmarks, they will not be lost. What you will lose is any automatic log ins that you have when you visit a site, if you choose that option when clearing your cookies. I clear my cookies all the time and have never lost any of my favorites.

JohnnyCakes1966 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 1:57am
post #4 of 6

What I'm referring to are the photos I have saved as favorites ON the site. They aren't saved to my computer, but are "marked" as favorites on here. I thought I read somewhere on here that clearing the cache on your computer or deleting temp files would remove those "markings." Maybe not. icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

Thanks to both of you for replying!!

tesso Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 2:10am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCakes1966

What I'm referring to are the photos I have saved as favorites ON the site. They aren't saved to my computer, but are "marked" as favorites on here. I thought I read somewhere on here that clearing the cache on your computer or deleting temp files would remove those "markings." Maybe not. icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

Thanks to both of you for replying!!

nope.. you wont lose your fav. photos. your good to go thumbs_up.gificon_wink.gif

cheatize Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 3:46am
post #6 of 6

Oh, no- those won't be deleted at all! I've cleared my cookies lots and lots (along with temporary files) and I've never lost even one of my saved photos on here.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%