Fireworks??

Decorating By sewsweet2 Updated 21 Jun 2010 , 3:46am by cheatize

sewsweet2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsweet2 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 1:39pm
post #1 of 6

I have a bride and groom coming this evening for a cake consultation for their wedding in August. (Yeah, kind of laid back here in KS, they don't get too excited about getting cake contracts filled out.) Anyways, the groom does pyrotechs (sp?). He designed firework shows for local towns for 4th of July, etc. He does a really big elaborate showing. Bride mentioned that he had some ideas for his groom's cake.

Does anyone know of any supplies or sites that I can check out for sparklers, etc that lend to a fireworks theme that would be safe to use above or around food? Thanking you in advance.

5 replies
handymama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handymama Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 2:00pm
post #2 of 6

I bought some food-safe sparklers at last year's ICES Convention. If you're interested I'll look for the contact info.

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 2:21pm
post #3 of 6

https://secure.emcyber.com/sparklers/hw09081c-birthday-cake-sparklers-case-p-72.html

(I just realized that link is for the case - you can get them by the bag, also).

sewsweet2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsweet2 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 12:31am
post #4 of 6

Thanks for your responses. The groom said that he had the food safe fireworks (sparklers) already. He's doing a big fireworks display at the NE State Fair one week after the wedding. Not good timing for him, but he's going to do it.

CutieMcCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutieMcCakes Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 7:31pm
post #5 of 6

Help! I was looking into this too. I have a client that want sparklers throughout their cake... but not the ones that look like candles.

Are there ones that can go right into the cake and be used?

I looked at the link and the ones that were listed, said not to use indoors or around food b/c of the falling ash.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 3:46am
post #6 of 6

I think it was Cake Boss that had an episode with fireworks. You can find it online. If it wasn't Buddy, it was Duff. Anyway, if you can watch the episode, it might help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%