Edible Image Printers

Decorating By Kimmers971 Updated 17 Jun 2010 , 6:40pm by icingimages

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 12:16pm
post #1 of 6

Again, the search feature is failing me so I apologize for this being a repetitive post.

What printer brand & model do you recommend? This is just for a hobby baker, not a high quantity printer.

Thanks!

5 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 12:20pm
post #2 of 6

I have a friend that has owned both a canon and an epson. Right now she uses an Epson c-88 and she says it has worked a lot better than the canon did.....so that is what I bought. I haven't gotten it yet, it is supposed to be here Friday! That was the decision I made - that way if I have any troubles with it, I can give her a call for tips! icon_smile.gif

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 11:39am
post #3 of 6

Hi:
I have tested and work with both brands. The best printer for a hobby baker is the Canon ip3600 or Canon MP560. Only differences is that the 560 has a scanner on it as well. With the removable printhead, you can clean the printhead if needed giving you more options if something does go wrong. What matters the most are the inks you use and how often you use the printer. I recommend our Gold Label inks used in one of the printers listed above. These inks have very few clogging problems...they are not 100% full proof, but if used regularly you will have very few problems. Make sure any printer you choose, you print at least once per week. You can print on regular paper using your edible inks to keep the ink moving!

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 12:00pm
post #4 of 6

Debbie, thanks for the info. Do both Canon models have the removable print heads? I don't need the scanner as I already have one, so I'm going to look into the 3600 model.

Thanks again for your help!

sabriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabriana Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 12:27pm
post #5 of 6

Quick newbie question on the printers... do you just by a regular 3600 and then get the special inks or is there TRULY a difference in the mechanisms.... I do know that I can only use with food safe inks all the time - just having a tough time undestanding the price diffential on the 3600 for edible images.
THx

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 6:40pm
post #6 of 6

Kim...both have removable printheads. You will enjoy that model.
Sabriana...no difference in the printers whether you buy on your own or from a dealer. ONly difference is the warranty you get when you purchase from a dealer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%