Best Way To Store A Posed/sitting Figure?

Decorating By melmar02 Updated 16 Jun 2010 , 11:06pm by Moondance

melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 11:59am
post #1 of 4

I have a cake that was postponed for a couple of weeks. No biggie - I'm not in business. It's for a friend who's grandmother is turning 80, and I know the party will happen there was just a conflict in schedule with one of the birthday girls daughters. I'm was in the process of making the figure which is the topper when I found out. All I had left was the ears and hair. She is going to be sitting on the top edge of the cake, so she was drying on the edge of an overturned cake pan. Now that she's dried in that position, what's the best way to store her? I can't leave her just sitting out in my kitchen... I need the space, and I don't want her to fade. All my cake boxes are much larger than just her which is OK, I guess, I'd have to find a good hiding spot so my toddler doesn't find the box. But should I leave her on the overturned pan and put wadded up paper towels or tissue around her to take up the rest of the space in the box?

Thanks for any advice.
LL

3 replies
CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 12:11pm
post #2 of 4

Store her in a dry place out of direct sunlight and she will be fine. I store mine in my china cabinet. There is much less dust and no one will bump it. You can cover her with an overturned tupperware or large cup as well.

melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 1:22pm
post #3 of 4

I didn't think of that - no one ever goes in the dining room unless it's Thanksgiving or Christmas. Thanks!

Moondance Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moondance Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 11:06pm
post #4 of 4

Put her in a clean cardboard box on some soft foam, and store in a clean dry place...she'll stay as perfect as she already is!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%