Black & White Wedding Cake

Decorating By chrisviz Updated 16 Jun 2010 , 2:53pm by chrisviz

chrisviz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrisviz Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 1:15am
post #1 of 3

Hello Ladies.. I hope I can trouble you for some advice on a couple questions. I am a amateur cake decorator... I usually do 1 maybe 2 cakes a year. Doing my second fondant cake at the end of July for a family wedding. Being it is a gift, I have pretty much free reign other than black and white...and the flowers are pink gerbera's. I want to do something more modern, scrolls or damask or anything along those lines..maybe vary the look of the different layers, but I am overwhelmed trying to figure out if I should stencil a design or do fondant cut-outs. Initially figured fondant cutouts, but I am overwhelmed with trying to figure out what cutters I should purchase online and to be honest, some unexpected medical bills this month has limited my budget way more than expected, so I need to look at what would be most economical as well.

Second icon_smile.gif It was requested the cake be Pink Champaigne... any suggestions on filling that would compliment and be able to sit out a day or two as I work on putting the cakes together.

Oh and the layers will have to be rounds as that is what I have.

Thanks for your patience and any insight you could share.
Chris

2 replies
Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 7:38am
post #2 of 3

here is a black and white damask cake I did. The pattern was done by using 4 edible images cut to fit the cake.
This will work on a round cake as well.
HTH

chrisviz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrisviz Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 2:53pm
post #3 of 3

Pretty! So is this like a printed rice paper? Where did you purhcase the edible images?

Thanks so much for responding!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%