Placing Tiara On Top Of Cake

Decorating By LindieLu Updated 15 Jun 2010 , 7:40pm by DianeLM

LindieLu Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 5:39pm
post #1 of 4

I bought a metal tiara to go on top of a princess cake (it's for an adult)... it's sitting in it's container and I'm wondering what in the world do I do about the metal combs on the sides? (something like this: http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=51477&CatID=51477&Grptyp=PRD&ItemId=11c8d4e&cm_mmc=ShoppingFeed-_-Google-_-Women-_-JCPenney%20Rhinestone%20Tiara%20%20Crystal)

I want to put the tiara so that it lays flat... if I leave the combs on there (which they are metal) than it will lean kind of forward.... I don't want to cut off the combs (and not really sure that I can anyways!)... I also worry about sticking the metal parts into the cake.... do you have any suggestions as to what I can do???

3 replies
DianeLM Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 5:42pm
post #2 of 4

Wrap the combs in plastic wrap, then stick them into the cake. icon_smile.gif

LindieLu Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 5:57pm
post #3 of 4

I thought about that.. but I'm covering the cake with fondant... would the plastic wrap stay in place when I stick it through the fondant?

DianeLM Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 7:40pm
post #4 of 4

If you're worried about the plastic wrap staying in place, pre-"drill" the holes where the combs will go. That way, the combs don't have to exert any pressure and can just be gently lowered into their cavities.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%