Waiting On Inspector To Call, What's Next?

Business By Tammies_Cakes Updated 16 Jun 2010 , 3:21pm by Crustymuffin

Tammies_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tammies_Cakes Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 3:30pm
post #1 of 7

Hi all you great people. I sent in all my paper work to get legal for homebaker. I know the next step is to get licensed. So my question is about registering a business name. I was told by the Va. Dept. Aggriculture I do not need to register a business name for my county(Scott). So if I don't have a business name , do I just use my name? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Tammie

6 replies
Tammies_Cakes Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 2:54am
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammies_Cakes

Hi all you great people. I sent in all my paper work to get legal for homebaker. I know the next step is to get licensed. So my question is about registering a business name. I was told by the Va. Dept. Aggriculture I do not need to register a business name for my county(Scott). So if I don't have a business name , do I just use my name? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Tammie

anyone ? please

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 4:11am
post #3 of 7

I'm sorry, I have no answers for you, I know absolutely nothing business rules and such but I just wanted to say congrats and yay for you for becoming legal and starting your own business, good luck and best wishes!

Crustymuffin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crustymuffin Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 5:41am
post #4 of 7

I would contact a business lawyer in your area. You might want to consider incorporating or doing an LLC to legally protect yourself and separate you from your business in a positive legal way.

You can also get a "DBA" (Doing Business As) Which is just a legal asumed name for your business.

Tammies_Cakes Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 12:02pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep_girl816

I'm sorry, I have no answers for you, I know absolutely nothing business rules and such but I just wanted to say congrats and yay for you for becoming legal and starting your own business, good luck and best wishes!

Thank you very much!icon_smile.gif

Tammies_Cakes Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 12:03pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustymuffin

I would contact a business lawyer in your area. You might want to consider incorporating or doing an LLC to legally protect yourself and separate you from your business in a positive legal way.

You can also get a "DBA" (Doing Business As) Which is just a legal asumed name for your business.

Thank you very much. I will check into to your infoicon_smile.gif

Crustymuffin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crustymuffin Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 3:21pm
post #7 of 7

I set up my company through Legal Zoom but I'm a Corporation and then filed for "S" status through my accountant. That was the best to protect my personal assets and put me in the best tax situation. Everyone's situation is a little different so that is why I suggested talking to a local lawyer, accountant, or even some local business owners. Good luck with this!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%