Looking For A New Twist On Strawberry Flavored Filling

Baking By CiNoRi Updated 15 Jun 2010 , 5:02pm by CiNoRi

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 1:16pm
post #1 of 11

Hi guys!

Im doing a cake for a friend's baby shower later this week... I'm sorta getting free reign on the cake... but i have been trying to come up with a simple flavor combo that the mom & party will like. I know the mom loves strawberry in cake & she is not big on chocolate.... and i was thinking of doing a vanilla white cake with some sort of filling... light & simple ...however... im bored of doing plain old strawberry--- i have had soooo many cakes lately that were similar... id like to try something a little different!

do you know of any "twists" that i can add to this? ( and the recipes need to be able to forgo the refrigeration) i was going to pick some Bettercream from Sams today so id like to be able to add to that.

the only combos i can think of are strawberry kiwi or strawberry banana.... but im not sure on how to even make those... any help or suggestions would be awesome.

Thanks so much!!!

10 replies
HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 1:33pm
post #2 of 11

Not a pro on this, but I recently made a cake for a friend that I used Banana Pudding mixed with the Bettercream for a filling. It gave it a nice fluffy banana taste. I just kept stiring more pudding in and tasting untill I got the strength of flavor I wanted. There was a thread going around on bettercream filings, couldn't find it again. It had lots of ideas using bettercream for fillings. HTH

CiNoRi Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 1:36pm
post #3 of 11

thanks, im looking through that post now....*fingerscrossed* icon_wink.gif

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 1:38pm
post #4 of 11

I found several wonderful fruit spreads (jam) at Costco called:

Black Cherry/Raspberry/Blood Orange

Cherries 'n Berries (Cherry/Blackberry/Concord Grape/blueberry/Pomegrante/Agai

They are in 2 lb containers for about $5-$6 (can't remember exact price) by E.D. Smith

I think you could incorporate some Strawberry Jam/Preserves and have a wonderful combination. My favorite is the Black cherry/Raspberry/Blood Orange.

mpetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpetty Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 2:02pm
post #5 of 11

Here's the link to the Bettercreme thread:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-601193.html

HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 2:05pm
post #6 of 11

Thank you mpetty, I couldn't find it when I looked. Appreciate you posting the link. I am now going to save it in my favs.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 2:13pm
post #7 of 11

Add some nice tangy lemon curd to your favorite strawberry filling. mmm

BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 2:21pm
post #8 of 11

i tried mixing lemon curd with raspberry filling for a lemon cake and it was YUMMY!! i bet it would taste great with strawberry filling also,like RoccosMom suggested.

confectionsofahousewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionsofahousewife Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 2:27pm
post #9 of 11

I love mixing lemon or blood orange curd with raspberry or strawberry puree. Mmmm...I could just eat it in a bowl!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 2:29pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by confectionsofahousewife

I love mixing lemon or blood orange curd with raspberry or strawberry puree. Mmmm...I could just eat it in a bowl!

Oh God--don't get me started!!!

icon_lol.gif

CiNoRi Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 5:02pm
post #11 of 11

awesome! thanks guys!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%