My Hubbo Met Duff :)

Decorating By HarleyDee Updated 15 Jun 2010 , 7:24pm by Loucinda

HarleyDee  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 1:10am
post #1 of 8

It would have been cooler if I had been there, lol. But he saw him in the airport today in New York, and got his pic made with him. Just wanted to share icon_smile.gif

7 replies
 cakebaby59  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby59 Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 1:55am
post #2 of 8

My sweet sister in law was in New York a bit ago to do the 25th anniversary of Cabbage Patch Kids. She works for the original creator...Zavier somebody or other and they did the celebration at Toys R Us on Times Square. Duff did the cake so she got to meet him and get his autograph...and bless her heart...she sent it to me!

Loucinda  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 3:59am
post #3 of 8

Those are both cool stories! I have't got to meet him, but I did get to have breakfast with Geoff and Mary Alice when they were here in Columbus - thanks to my great friend Heather! icon_biggrin.gif

mpetty  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpetty Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 4:02am
post #4 of 8

God bless Duff, but I think I would be even more excited to have breakfast with Geof. Was he as quiet as he seems to be on the show?

Loucinda Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 12:45pm
post #5 of 8

Yes, he and Mary Alice were both just like they are on the show. He was very soft spoken and has a great sense of humor. She was bubbly and talkative - it was a fun time. (thank you again Heather!) icon_smile.gif

HarleyDee  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 3:13pm
post #6 of 8

I would love to meet Geof and Mary Alice too. They (and Duff) just seem cool icon_smile.gif

cakebaby59  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby59 Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 5:57pm
post #7 of 8

My sister in law said that Duff has a real childlike quality about him...his work is like play for him...I think that's awesome!

Loucinda Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 7:24pm
post #8 of 8

Geoff and Mary Alice have that "quality" too. There were a couple of kids there, and they were soo great with them...and you could tell it was genuine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%