Grad Cake

Decorating By enticingicingny Updated 15 Jun 2010 , 4:41pm by brensmom12

enticingicingny Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 12:09am
post #1 of 3

Hello! I'm new here. I look forward to chatting with all of you. I'm not really new to cake decorating, just this forum!

I'm planning on making a graduation cake for my fiance's sister. What's a tasteful way of doing a hot/bright pink and brown? These are the colors she seems to like best so I figure this would be suitable. I'm torn. A part of me feels like this could look fun and interesting, but then I have moments of "oh my god, this is going to be an eyesore."

I was thinking a 2 tiered round cake (a smaller one on top, maybe off centered) with deep pink fondant and a complimentary brown for the accents and a bow on the top tier. I'd like to stick to those colors... but i'll switch the brown out for black is this sounds too weird.
Tell me if im crazy!

Any suggestions/ideas are greatly appreciated!!!

2 replies
eringm Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 4:26pm
post #2 of 3

Welcome to Cake Central! I went to the gallery and typed in pink AND brown in the search and it came up with a bunch of different ideas. Maybe you will see one you like! Hope that helps.

brensmom12 Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 4:41pm
post #3 of 3

I love the combination of pink and brown! It sounds weird until you see it together. Were you looking to do something funky or more reserved?

You could always make a pink and brown bow with brown and pink blended accents on a white/ivory cake instead of the entire cake being a solid pink or brown. I'm thinking of a brown/pink fondant circle/oval with punched out center and opposite color - hope that makes some sense! Or even blend the fondants together like a swirl then do the accents.

For something more reserved maybe solid cake color (pink/brown) with opposite color scrolls.

Hope this helps!

Catherine

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%