Grrr... Cake Keeps Sticking In Pan On Same Side And Place

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 14 Jun 2010 , 7:17pm by snocilla

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 6

I am baking orders today for this week...Every time I bake in my Wilton Preffered cecorater 9x13 slab pan there is one side that ALWAYS stick and the cake peel off the side..Grrrr icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif It makes me so mad...I have tried shaking the cake from side to side....running a spatula down the sides before I release it,extra thick shortening on that side before I flour...you name it..I have tried it and again it took the partial side off of my marble cake... icon_evil.gif Ahhhh...I hate baking....love to decorate though.... icon_rolleyes.gif

Okay..just had to vent...I am okay now

Laurel thumbs_up.gificon_wink.gif

5 replies
LisaMarie86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMarie86 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 6

That is so odd. Have you tried the cake release wilton makes? Works like a charm for me.

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 6

Try 'seasoning' it with lots of grease....the same way you would do cast iron pots/pans. Grease it really heavily, put it in a slow oven and let it 'simmier' a bit and see if that will help.
I did this to some very old cake pans I got from an auction, and they turned into some of my 'best' cake pans!

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 7:00pm
post #4 of 6

Line the pan with wax paper - works everytime icon_smile.gif

mayo2222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayo2222 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 7:04pm
post #5 of 6

That is interesting - If it is the exact same place on the pan each time then its probably something with the pan. Might be a problem with the aluminum causing uneven heating.

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 7:17pm
post #6 of 6

I use 1 part shortening, 1 part oil, and 1 part flour. Mix it up good and brush it graciously all over the pan. None of my cakes ever stick.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%