Pricing Cookie Bouquets....

Baking By onemissa Updated 16 Jun 2010 , 11:29pm by motherofgrace

onemissa Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 5:20pm
post #1 of 8

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. I am doing a graduation cookie bouquet for next weekend and I'm not really sure what to charge. It's only going to be a dozen and she is supplying the container. Not alot of detail, but some writing. I live in the Illinois area if that makes a difference. I would really appreciate any help and advice. Thanks!

7 replies
GeminiRJ Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 11:51am
post #2 of 8

The region where you live plays a BIG part in what you can charge! While most recommend charging $1 per inch for a decorated cookie, I'd never get that where I'm from. I don't sell many cookies because of this....I refuse to work for minimum wage! So I decorate for the joy it brings me.

For bouquets, figure out what your time investment is, and decide on what you would be happy with for an "hourly" rate. Then, figure in the price of the ingredients and any supplies you will need. She is supplying the container, but you'll still have to buy the cookie sticks and bags (if using them), as well as frills like tissue paper, shred, foam, etc. Don't short-change yourself! If you have a Cookies By Design in your area, look at what they're charging. When you come up with a price you're happy with, and the customer thinks it's too hight (they usually do), then tell them what they'd be paying at CBD. Good luck!

KHalstead Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 12:09pm
post #3 of 8

pricing threads are always so hard. I can tell you what I charge, I live in an area where most tiered cakes go for around $1.50/serv. I currently charge $2.50/serv. so I'm more expensive than most around here.

I charge $.50/inch for decorated sugar cookies

In my bouquets, it comes out to close to $1.00/inch arranged in the bouquet.

Here are my prices:

*Cookie Bouquets-

cup bouquet-$7.50 ( 3 cookies) ..............this is in a coffee cup
small bouquet-$15.00 (5 cookies)
medium bouquet-$25.00 (7 cookies)
large bouquet-$40.00 (10 cookies)

These are for cookies that are about 3-4" in size, sometimes I'll replace 1 larger cookie with 2 small cookies to get a nicer look on the overall design.

HTH some........hard to say what YOU should charge since you're not where I am though!

nannykaren Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 12:14pm
post #4 of 8

How do you charge by the inch for cookies? icon_confused.gif

GeminiRJ Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 5:22pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nannykaren

How do you charge by the inch for cookies? icon_confused.gif

If your cookie is 3" in size, the price would be $3 decorated. If it's an odd shape, measure each direction and average the two sizes. It would be $3.50 for a 3"x4" cookie, for instance.

CookieMeister Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 9:49pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

*Cookie Bouquets-

cup bouquet-$7.50 ( 3 cookies) ..............this is in a coffee cup
small bouquet-$15.00 (5 cookies)
medium bouquet-$25.00 (7 cookies)
large bouquet-$40.00 (10 cookies)

These are for cookies that are about 3-4" in size, sometimes I'll replace 1 larger cookie with 2 small cookies to get a nicer look on the overall design.

HTH some........hard to say what YOU should charge since you're not where I am though!

These are EXACTLY my prices. icon_biggrin.gif

kneadacookie Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 11:16pm
post #7 of 8

i only have 2 bouquet sizes

7 cookie...$42
11 cookie...$66

motherofgrace Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 11:29pm
post #8 of 8

I only have 1 Size, and its 5 cookies STARTING at $15 depending on the design, and you may add extra cookies STARTING at $1.50 each

icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%