Anybody Used The Bakery Guidebook By Gina Martelli??

Business By aggiechef Updated 17 Aug 2013 , 4:16pm by cadams011

aggiechef Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 7

I was wondering if anyone has purchased this book in order to start a bakery business. I read through the website and the information sounds good, but I'm wondering if it's truly helpful to have, or can I find better information elsewhere?

6 replies
village-baker Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 11:11am
post #2 of 7

Did you ever purchase the book from Gina Martelli - Bakery Guidebook? I found it on a google search and it looks like a good resource (they always do) and wondered if anyone had any experience with this. Look forward to hearing from you.

LindaF144a Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 3:32pm
post #3 of 7

Can someone post a link?

CookieMeister Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 8:25pm
post #4 of 7

Well, I haven't, but I was curious so I googled Gina Martelli. I find it interesting that I can't find anything at all that indicates she owns or runs a successful bakery, so . . . . take that for what it's worth.

LindaF144a Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 8:37pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMeister

Well, I haven't, but I was curious so I googled Gina Martelli. I find it interesting that I can't find anything at all that indicates she owns or runs a successful bakery, so . . . . take that for what it's worth.

You are right. It looks like one of those pick an occupation that is hot and write a book. Plug in the word bakery on every topic and they will eat it up. From the video I found you could plug in reataurant, doggie daycare, or even beauty salon and it would all be the same information.

costumeczar Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 10:20pm
post #6 of 7

My cousin sells crap like this, and he makes tons of cash off of people buying his little ebooks. I'd say don't waste your money buying a guidebook unless you can verify that the person who wrote it actually runs a successful business themselves.

cadams011 Posted 17 Aug 2013 , 4:16pm
post #7 of 7

AThats awsome.. Thanks all

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%