2 Kinds Of Buttercream 1 Cake....

Decorating By bridge72 Updated 14 Jun 2010 , 5:09pm by bridge72

bridge72 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 3:04pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I could use IMBC as a filling in a sheet cake and then frost with a crusting buttercream? The cake is due Sunday for a walk for a 6yr old boy with pediatric brain tumors and the weather here is going to be 84 degrees. I wanted to use all IMBC but I know that won't hold up to under those temps. TIA

4 replies
SharonK1973 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 3:17pm
post #2 of 5

I do that all the time! As a matter of fact I just had delivered a cake yesterday that had IMBC, AMBC, ganache, dulce de leche AND fondant! IMBC, ganache, dulce de leche for filling, and AMBC and fondant for outer covering.

bridge72 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 3:29pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks SharonK for the response icon_biggrin.gif That cake sounds amazin'! Although I don't plan on covering the cake in fondant just the AMBC. I don't want the IMBC to melt inside the cake....will this happen at 84 degrees??? Or will the AMBC prevent this from happening? Sorry so many questions but I'm still learning. Thanks again!

SharonK1973 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 4:37pm
post #4 of 5

I haven't had it melt on me yet... And I've used it it warm weather before. I think the cake itself and the AMBC probably does keep it cool enough for a while.

bridge72 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 5:09pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks again SharonK!!!! I will use your advice and give it a try.....I love the flavor of IMBC and try to use it on all my cakes....unfortunately the weather determines how this one will be iced icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%