I'm Losing My Mind Electric Or Gas Convection Oven

Business By beamom Updated 16 Jun 2010 , 2:40am by indydebi

beamom Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 2:06pm
post #1 of 6

Okay so I'm in the final stages of completing my renovations for my first commerical space. icon_biggrin.gif . I have a nice location for tasting, open space for decorating, and seprate kitchen area. I ordered all of my equipment and found out that my convection oven is gas instead of electric. I relied on the suggestions of family members thumbsdown.gif and now I'm concerned because I found out that it's best to back cakes and cupcakes in electric than gas. what are your thoughts? should I sell the oven on e-bay or what...I'm going crazy icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif .

5 replies
sari66 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 6:36pm
post #2 of 6

There's nothing wrong with gas convection ovens unless you don't have the connects or the gas to operate it icon_smile.gif I love gas ovens and the only reason I have an electric convec is because I don't have the gas line.
Good luck with your new business!

beamom Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 12:09am
post #3 of 6

Thanks for your response. So many people told me the baking would be off and cause my cakes to bake uneven and more.

indydebi Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 12:49am
post #4 of 6

I had two double commercial convection gas ovens. It took a couple of batches of cakes to figure out the right baking combo (baking strips, 275 degrees, a pan of water in the oven to add moisture), but they were great. (I really miss them sometimes! icon_rolleyes.gif )

beamom Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 2:10am
post #5 of 6

I purchased a baker's pride and the cost was such a sweet deal I couldn't resist. how does the water help in the oven?

indydebi Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 2:40am
post #6 of 6

I just found my practice bakes were dry, so I added water to the baking process. It may be the fan ... I've no idea. Just know that when I put a pan of water in there, they baked better.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%