I'm Losing My Mind Electric Or Gas Convection Oven

Business By beamom Updated 16 Jun 2010 , 2:40am by indydebi

beamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beamom Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 2:06pm
post #1 of 6

Okay so I'm in the final stages of completing my renovations for my first commerical space. icon_biggrin.gif . I have a nice location for tasting, open space for decorating, and seprate kitchen area. I ordered all of my equipment and found out that my convection oven is gas instead of electric. I relied on the suggestions of family members thumbsdown.gif and now I'm concerned because I found out that it's best to back cakes and cupcakes in electric than gas. what are your thoughts? should I sell the oven on e-bay or what...I'm going crazy icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif .

5 replies
sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 6:36pm
post #2 of 6

There's nothing wrong with gas convection ovens unless you don't have the connects or the gas to operate it icon_smile.gif I love gas ovens and the only reason I have an electric convec is because I don't have the gas line.
Good luck with your new business!

beamom Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 12:09am
post #3 of 6

Thanks for your response. So many people told me the baking would be off and cause my cakes to bake uneven and more.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 12:49am
post #4 of 6

I had two double commercial convection gas ovens. It took a couple of batches of cakes to figure out the right baking combo (baking strips, 275 degrees, a pan of water in the oven to add moisture), but they were great. (I really miss them sometimes! icon_rolleyes.gif )

beamom Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 2:10am
post #5 of 6

I purchased a baker's pride and the cost was such a sweet deal I couldn't resist. how does the water help in the oven?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 2:40am
post #6 of 6

I just found my practice bakes were dry, so I added water to the baking process. It may be the fan ... I've no idea. Just know that when I put a pan of water in there, they baked better.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%