We've Seen Duff's Team...but How Do I?

Decorating By jerseygirlNga Updated 14 Jun 2010 , 1:35pm by chellescountrycakes

jerseygirlNga Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 11:33am
post #1 of 4

We've seen Duff's team make a stadium cake...but how can I (or if I am speaking for a few...how do we) accomplish the same look.

My son is getting married in Oct and I asked to do his groom's cake. Knowing he would want a football theme, I had a concept in mind...That's before I knew what he wanted! I can't back out, now...since he sent me to Nick Lodge's class to learn how to work with fondant. Informative...learned many techniques...but few will help with his vision. He wants Neyland Stadium...(Go Vols!) Home of University of Tennessee.

Please don't tell me about the stadium pan that is available...not what he wants and not what I want to create. I am starting now since I know that I need to enlist the help of friends to cut the "walls" of the stadium (surround). My plan is light this and have it play ROCKY TOP. Now...all I have to do is figure out ... HOW to make this happen and I come to you to help me through this.

I have only made about 7 cakes...but I feel confident that I can pull this off. Besides, I'm out of work and Oct is still 4 months away! Like my son told me (after Nick's classes)..."you better start practicing!" SEND HELP!!!

3 replies
CNCS Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 11:41am
post #2 of 4

decopac sells a kit.

LisaMarie86 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 11:49am
post #3 of 4

Good luck seems overwhelming to me but you are determined. I love that you are challenging your skills. You will grow as a decorator because of that!!! If it were me I think Id try to find oval cake pans and then carve those out. Much more than that and Im lost lol. Good Luck!!!

chellescountrycakes Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 1:35pm
post #4 of 4

Can you find the episode from ace of cakes online or on the TV? watch it over and over, trying to see little steps that were taken.

I remember candy sprinkles make the people.

If anyone has done a skateboard ramp on here then you might can get the technique they used to get it to stand up and slope.

I know what youmean about trying to do it all by hand and not use kits or pans. I try to do the same thing. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%